I usually plug my mic into my marshall amp and notice when I growl it sounds like shit. Could this be the mic I'm using or should I stop using my guitar amp? If I bought a small PA would that help? What do other growlers do when they practice in their room?
Maybe it's your voice?

Or the fact that a guitar amp is not designed to take in a microphone. Try a small PA.
What amp is it? Most likely you are overdriving it. I would definetly look into getting a little PA. If it is just for room practice, why do you need an amp? I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm just not a growler and so I sing without a mic when I'm just practicing in my room.
I have a small 15 wat Marshall MG amp that I also use to play guitar and I plug my keyboard in it. If I get a small PA, would it be loud enough? How much do those usually cost? I looked at Guitar Center's website and they're like 80 bucks which is a little too much for my wallet. Do you think I can get a cheap one at Radio Shack? How much improvement should I notice?
Quote by KileManA7X
I have a small 15 wat Marshall MG amp that I also use to play guitar and I plug my keyboard in it. If I get a small PA, would it be loud enough? How much do those usually cost? I looked at Guitar Center's website and they're like 80 bucks which is a little too much for my wallet. Do you think I can get a cheap one at Radio Shack? How much improvement should I notice?

That's the problem right there.