so i just bought a used mesa/boogie dual rectifier about a week ago and i was just playing through it and the sound suddenly went all quiet and dead. i assumed a tube had gone (my first tube amp hence i dont know what im doing) but how do i tell if a tube has gone??? they are all still lit up i have been warming them up before and after i play through it. i noticed there was a slight rattling noise but i dont know if that is normal.
help!!!
Origanally Posted by freedoms_stain
Live webcam shows.
The bigger and blacker the dildo, the more cash.

Originally Posted by neopowell
Holy Christ I haven't laughed that hard since I bummed that clown. Well done!
does it rattle when you tap hit it? mine started to do that cause i lost a screw on something.
yes it does a little bit, if a tube has gone how do i know which one??? and it rattles all the time when its switched on
Live webcam shows.

on my amp it has this box thing on the bottom and is missing a screw. rattles a bit. but i think you got something different. im not sure bout the tubes, mine havent gone yet. when was the last time you changed them? if its been a year maybe jsut go ahead and get both replaced.
lol i would replace them all but there are 11!! and i think its about 6 months since the last change
Live webcam shows.

Last edited by jolleymuse at May 13, 2009,
to know which one might have gone you could buy 1 tube and then systematically check them. But i'd suggest taking it in ti a shop if there's a rattle. something probably broke internally. maybe just a resistor or something i dunno. i'd take it in for a look.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu