Probably the most easily recognisable guitars on the planet today in terms of shape and name are the Fender Stratocaster and the Gibson Les Paul.

They both seem to be brands upon themselves and seem to be known even by people that dont really know anything about guitars.

I know usually you wouldn't really compare the two because they're both really different but I just kind of wondered which you think sells more as a whole, taking into account all versions???? I've wondered for a little while now.
They both have hundreds of variations so I really don't know, unless you just mean the Les Paul standard, Standard Strat etc.
RULE BRITANNIA
Fender, you can get a decent Fender Strat for a lot cheaper than a Gibson LP.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
probably strats because i tend to see more people with strats then les pauls. Probably because they don't weight as much.

I know a ton of people with both though.
Stratomacasters.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
The Strats, just because a lot of people get a Mexican Strat as their beginner guitar because of the huge price difference. You can get a good Strat for like a thousand less than a good Les Paul.
GO YANKEES!
I'd say the strats sells more. Given I actually have some experience of working in a music store, It's from my own experience.
But this could vary a lot from region to region methinks.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
the strat itself doesnt sell that many but the style way outnumbers ANy other guitar in sales
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
strats.. cuz theyre hunderds of $s cheaper
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
Quote by gallagher2006
Strats obviously. How often do you see an Encore Les Paul starter kit?

a lot actually
Epiphone SG G-400
Coloursound Wah
Marshall MG100 DFX
Vemon V10
Custom made acoustic
Yeah Strats and Fenders in general are much cheaper than Gibsons. So they probably sell more
i own both
stratstho jimi jimi nad jimmy and jimmy
"I'm just looking for an angel with a broken wing"
-Jimmy Page

CAPTAIN OF PITTOWN AIRFORCE BASE

Quote by sglover34479
Okay ou are the official Airforce captain. Employ whoever the hell you want just check em in check with often rapings.

strats
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.