I used race when I was like 7. I have no idea what that is... is that the gate that slams down?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
I used race when I was like 7. I have no idea what that is... is that the gate that slams down?

No it's like a bunny hop but the front wheel comes up first so you can jump over higher obstacles, but i can't get my back tire up :[
I ride BMX but i'm not hardcore at it... I can barely bunny hop.....................

My friend is really good though. He can easily bunny hop 2 feet...

Quote by Taygunov
No it's like a bunny hop but the front wheel comes up first so you can jump over higher obstacles, but i can't get my back tire up :[

Don't you like grip you pedal with your shoes and curl your legs up... like you're doing a leg (hamstring/calf) curl to get the back up...

You've got those little spikes on the pedals which are for gripping them with your shoes to lift the back up...
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Sep 28, 2008,
Quote by af_the_fragile
I ride BMX but i'm not hardcore at it... I can barely bunny hop.....................

My friend is really good though. He can easily bunny hop 2 feet...

well do you know how to get the back tire out or ask your friend?
I refer to it as a horse hop, heres how i learned, i went to a gas station, you know the caps they have there. Work on 'hopping' over it. Visualize yourself bringing your back up, you have to literally push your back forward moving your legs with, which in turn would bring the back end of the bike with. You'll get it, it'll take a while to start doing it without an obstacle in front of you, but after a while, you'll do it on command, good luck.
Quote by Taygunov
well do you know how to get the back tire out or ask your friend?

I just posted it, but i'll post it again...

Don't you like grip you pedal with your shoes and curl your legs up... like you're doing a leg (hamstring/calf) curl to get the back up...

You've got those little spikes on the pedals which are for gripping them with your shoes to lift the back up...

There was a good youtube video that shows you how to do it, i'll find it for you...
Quote by Silverstein14
What the ****s a bronco or horsehop? You mean a J-hop? You raise front tire as high as you can and suck your back legs up and bring the back tire with you.

i guess we're learning new terms for it today aren't we
Quote by Silverstein14
What the ****s a bronco or horsehop? You mean a J-hop? You raise front tire as high as you can and suck your back legs up and bring the back tire with you.

2 different things

j hop is both tires up at the same time,
bronco (bunnyhop) is front tire up, then the back comes up
Here, this guys shows you how to lift the back up:
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=foO78_O5xMU

Try it, if you're just starting out, it'll take ages till you get it right though.. So don't get disheartned if you don't get it at first... You need a lot of body strength to do it too...
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Sep 28, 2008,
Quote by af_the_fragile
Here, this guys shows you how to lift the back up:
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=foO78_O5xMU

Try it, if you're just starting out, it'll take ages till you get it right though.. So don't get disheartned if you don't get it at first... You need a lot of body strength to do it too...

lol i just started and i tried for an hour and said holy shit, then i went home to eat, ima go out again later today, thanks for the help!
Quote by Taygunov
2 different things

j hop is both tires up at the same time,
bronco (bunnyhop) is front tire up, then the back comes up

Negative. J hop is front tire then back up. Bunny hop is just both at the same time. Commonly confused. Name doesn't really matter though since we are all on the same page haha
Quote by Taygunov
lol i just started and i tried for an hour and said holy shit, then i went home to eat, ima go out again later today, thanks for the help!

Here's a big article on how to bunny hop too:
http://www.bmxbasics.org/new/bmx0703.html

Again, you won't just get it in a day or two... You won't even get it in a week... It takes time... About a month or so or maybe even more. So just keep at it and keep trying till you get it...

Also another good tip is to try to launch your bike off speed humps into the air. That will sorta get you used to the feeling of having the bike in the air and landing it properly...
Its in your motion of the hop. You have to move from over the rear tire to the front tire as your going up. Make sure you have a lot of hop in your legs. As you go up its literally as easy as just lifting your legs and pulling up on the bars. If you want to manual after make sure your over the rear wheel as if you would just regularly manual on flat ground. That takes some time to get used to it though. Regardless of manual or landing you want to land on your rear tire first.