Anyone try this amp?
It looks decent to me, although i've never tried it. I plan on doing so soon though.
It seems everybody thinks this is a really bad amp, but why? I don't plan on playing HARDCORZ METALZORZ LULZ, but I play a lot of light rock, and early Green Day stuff.

So what's your opinion on this amp?
Thanks.
it's pretty bad. and if you know that already, then you've read all the mg threads and you know why.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if your not just being a troll, if you buy this amp, i will kill you.

this amp is god awful, the only thing that could possibly be worse is a spider III SS
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Obvious troll.

Try harder next time.

Oh. I see that this amp is reaaally hated. D:

No, I'm not trolling, I was just wondering people's opinion on it?
What's your budget? Are you gigging, do you need cleans at gigging volumes? Are light rock and punk the only styles? Can you go used? Where do you live so we can search some craigslist for you?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
you've been on this site since 06 and your asking if the MG stack is any good? really?? hahaha
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Oh God, you're not trolling?

Yeah, MG's are generally considered to be absolutely horrendous for the price that they cost.
Light rock? Maybe a Vox AD5 combo? 5 watt valve combo, pretty cheap. Or if you save up a bit more, a Laney VC15 combo.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Oh God, you're not trolling?

Yeah, MG's are generally considered to be absolutely horrendous for the price that they cost.

That kinda hurt.

Oh. I see. I'm glad i asked.
Quote by rage6945
you've been on this site since 06 and your asking if the MG stack is any good? really?? hahaha

Yes, but I hardly ever post.
:/
My opinion:

Not very good especially for the price and it is a bad investment.

My advice:

Get a tube combo for the same price, which would probably get louder than the MG half stack.
Quote by Kevin Saale
What's your budget? Are you gigging, do you need cleans at gigging volumes? Are light rock and punk the only styles? Can you go used? Where do you live so we can search some craigslist for you?

*cough*answerthisplease*cough*

Also, use the edit button?
Quote by Kevin Saale
*cough*answerthisplease*cough*

Also, use the edit button?

Sorry. D:

I'm probably gonna play a few shows this fall, hence why i'd like a louder amp.
Cleans are very important to me, and yes, I only play light rock/punk.
Used is okay. And I live in Georgia.
Need a budget, but if my guess is right and you're around 600, I'd say a used fender super and an english muffn for green day tones.
Cleans VERY important, eh?

Maybe a Fender Blues Junior...

I actually think my Peavey Valveking has some excellent cleans (I've swapped its speaker, though) I got a very tasty blues tone out of it just awhile ago. But most of UG will tell you VKs aren't worth buying.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
it's a good amp. they aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. for the price, you can get a decent tube amp. but if you want an MG, go for it. i find the clean channel on the peavey 6505 to be really bad, but i dont go on peoples threads asking about it just to bitch about it.

if you like the amp, get it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
it's a good amp. they aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. for the price, you can get a decent tube amp. but if you want an MG, go for it. i find the clean channel on the peavey 6505 to be really bad, but i dont go on peoples threads asking about it just to bitch about it.

if you like the amp, get it.

As well you shouldn't complain. If you bought it for awesome cleans, you sir, fail.
Quote by Raijouta
Cleans VERY important, eh?

No, he said very unimportant.
^^Err, no. Tone is subjective, quality is not. They are poorly built amps that have a high rate of failure.

Edit:

Quote by HighPotency
No, he said very unimportant.

Quote by St. Jimmy189
Sorry. D:

I'm probably gonna play a few shows this fall, hence why i'd like a louder amp.
Cleans are very important to me, and yes, I only play light rock/punk.
Used is okay. And I live in Georgia

I believe you read wrong sir.
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Sep 28, 2008,
i dont know what happened, but my MG must be a miracle child or something. it has never broken down, sounds GREAT and has no hum/noise problems. maybe i should send it back to Marshall and have them f*ck it up for me, eh?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I dunno about it sounding good, but you're lucky it hasn't broken.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I dunno about it sounding good, but you're lucky it hasn't broken.

I'm chalking that one up to the fact that i don't throw it in the trunk of a car, drive on gravel road for a practice, throw it into the jam room and repeat every week. since it is a Noob-ish amp, they don't know how to properly care for an amp.

BTW, about it sounding good, listen to the song on my profile. about 1 minute into it, not the overly chorused chords.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I once thought about getting an MG, plugged into one, and wanted to kill myself. I also kicked the speaker after I unplugged, it did make clean up a bit though. LOL

I couldnt believe how bad they sound.