So the story goes back in 2003 I bought a Saga Telecaster kit off ebay for $75, you know, to learn how to put together a guitar. Right away Gotoh tuners and EMG Telecaster pickups were ordered. And I ended up with this:

Low and behold though, the neck pocket was routed crooked, so a new ash body was acquired and was left with an identical guitar:

I sorta grew out of the racing stripe look and wanted something more traditional.
So a tortoise shell pickguard was ordered along with a Wilkinson Compensated bridge and a Warmoth neck with rosewood fretboard.
Still stripping the paint:

Goal:

I will update this thread with progress pics as I go. Orginal Saga parts left: neck plate, control plate, knobs
That's gonna look so good
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
did you have any problems with the saga neck?? I did on the one i built.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
I'm still up in the air about paint. Originally I was going to get a maple fretboard and do Olympic white and relic it, but I got a good deal on a rosewood fretboard and I think a pure white would look so awesome against it. And I can't find Arctic or Alpine white nitro, so I don't know if I should just get a non-stock acrylic lacquer mixed up and spray it on.
Quote by walker-rose
did you have any problems with the saga neck?? I did on the one i built.

The neck works, its just terrible to play. The body was the dud part of my kit
In primer mock up next to all the parts left over from the Saga kit. New Warmoth Pro 22 Fret neck

nice!
it looks better with a maple fretboard, but that's just my opinion.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Sounds cool. I like the pure white with the tortoise shell pick guard and rosewood fretboard, it looks really good.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Maple fretboard would have been ideal for me, then I could have made a proper relic out of it, but I got a nice deal on this neck and I think its coming out alright. I'm already aching to build another guitar and this one isn't even painted yet.
Quote by Øttər
Sounds cool. I like the pure white with the tortoise shell pick guard and rosewood fretboard, it looks really good.

+1

I like it.