Ok, so I didn't want to repeat this thread if it was done before, but hey, my search pulled up so many threads with over 200 posts, I said screw it, I aint gonna search through all of them. So, heres the plan: What is worse out of these two bass amp companies:

Crate or Berhinger.

I own a Crate, but don't worry, I will have no hurt feelings if ya hate it. Just want to hear what ya'll think is worse:-)

Thanks.

Rem
hmmmm

Behringer make some good stuff on a budget,
not sure about crate
I'de saying Behringers better
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
well, when i went to a certain shop to try out a bass, they got out some behringer amp and tbh they aren't that bad.obviously i know there is better but yh. i think the problem with behringer is that they r good for a while but aren't built to last.
Quote by lorrythebassguy
hmmmm

not sure about crate

And you'd be wrong.

Behringer is worse.

Far worse.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
crate is by far the better amp, having used both and owning a crate.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
I have used both and I think Crate makes a better amp. I owned 2 Behringers, first one fried on me during practice, 2nd one survived long enough for me to sell it. Didn't have a very good sound to it though. My roommate owns 2 Crate bass amps and they work well. They're good amplification if you really really can't afford anything better, otherwise I wouldn't look to buy from them.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
I would say behringer is better

Quote by luke-bassist
well, when i went to a certain shop to try out a bass, they got out some behringer amp and tbh they aren't that bad.obviously i know there is better but yh. i think the problem with behringer is that they r good for a while but aren't built to last.

Quote by lorrythebassguy
hmmmm

not sure about crate

You've obviously never owned a Behringer.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
You've obviously never owned a Behringer.

+
they sound ok if you're a beginner with bad technique, your buzz doesn't seem as bad. but after a while, you want to hear yourself. and you can't. just the same low thud. I eventually grew to hate that noise so much I altered my technique to sound at least treblier, glassier.

Now, I am constantly being told I have terrible technique.

by people who are slower and less precise than I am...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I've played through both a Crate and Behringer and the Crate is by far way better. The Behringer produced much more sound but it had no definition but the crate had definition and a lot of punch.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Behringer is definitley better for the money. They don't try to pass themselves off as being higher end than they are.
Which makes people think that they are, because paying $250 for a 500 watt behringer amp is overpaying.Therefore passing themselves off as higher end than they actually are.
Elementary, my dear evh1776.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by the humanity

they sound ok if you're a beginner with bad technique, your buzz doesn't seem as bad. but after a while, you want to hear yourself. and you can't. just the same low thud.

Thanks, now I am paranoid about my technique
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Thanks, now I am paranoid about my technique

no problem.

wait... oh...

sorry.

want a rythym point?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
no problem.

wait... oh...

sorry.

want a rythym point?

*sniffs*um huh

If you think it will help
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
*sniffs*um huh

If you think it will help

5 points to Scott!

hope you feel better soon... Buzzy.

I kid!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
5 points to Scott!

hope you feel better soon... Buzzy.

mmmmm, feels good
Quote by guitarhero_764

Behringers are the worst
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I've demo'd Crates and they aren't too bad, I'd rather go with a peavey personally.
yeah, my crate is looking a lil shabby these days, and im looking to eatther snag a peavey, or go with a big Ampeg...I don't think the wife will approve of the large Ampeg I am eyeing, so maybe a peavey soiunds better each day lol.
Theres nothing wrong with Crate at all.
Nor is there anything wrong with Berhinger until about 6 months when it breaks down.
My Behringer practice amp is now my computer speaker. Which I find is way better suited job for it than instrument amplifier.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
My Crate is still going strong, I love it. Great note clarity and power for the price. Give a nice Jaco sound, too.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
My Behringer makes me want to cry. When it's out of my room it sounds twangy......TWANGY!! On any setting! I can't wait to get my Ashdown...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
What I don't get is my bass teacher uses a Behringer BX1200 to take to his lessons, and that one (with his bass) sounds really good, I haven't heard that he's had any problems with it, but everyone says Behringer suck... I'm soo confused!
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Jonn0
What I don't get is my bass teacher uses a Behringer BX1200 to take to his lessons, and that one (with his bass) sounds really good, I haven't heard that he's had any problems with it, but everyone says Behringer suck... I'm soo confused!

Its not that they sound bad, its just that they die so quickly. But correct me if Im
wrong, I think their higher end stuff holds together pretty good.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
i have a behringer and its quite good when youve got the volume on like less than 5 but when you get past that it gets fuzzy and the feedback gets quite loud but i am only learnin and dont gig so i practice(thus having on like 2)
It's funny that you mention crate. I have a little 12 watt RMS crate combo with an 8" speaker, and I LOVE the metal tone I can get with my Spector. It's incredible. I'd seriously record with it over my SVT at low volume, but once you start turning up, tube is where it's at.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I'd have to say Behringer is better, I've actually had a good experience with them. I had the BX4500H and ran it at 1 Ohm for about 6 months before I sold it, and it still works to this day. So running it wayyyy past minimum impedance load, it never over-heated, never fried, and gave me a loud output. It did have a good tone too, it was more punk-ish, but at the time that's what I wanted and it didn't give a distorted sound. FOR THE PRICE it was a good amp.

Crate amps I have tried were fine too, but seemed to be really muddy *shrugs.*

Behringer>Crate
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Last edited by AfroMan Skeeter at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by Jonn0

The only thing outright bad about their sound is the terrible frequncies at which they set the eq, it's hard to dial in good tone on a behringer IMO, though the amps are still fairly transparent, and don't have nasty coloration of any sort or excessive noise.

Of course, terrible tone shaping is enough to make an amp bad already, but their amps are also overrated for wattage, and all behringer products are natorious for their lack of reliability. I've ownded plenty of behringer gear, and plenty of other gear and think I can make a fair comparison.