Page 1 of 2
I just looked up painless suicide methods, no unfortunately I'm not gonna kill myself anytime in the immediate future so if that is what you are after you're out of luck

No basically I am after the Pits opinion on this, that is the ready availability of information online about suicide, how to do it painlessly, easily, quickly and whatnot, and also forums like alt.suicide.holiday where there is discussion on when, where, and how to commit suicide, openly and unregulated.

Is it good that you can look this stuff up, find out how to die painlessly without risk of permanently damaging but not killing yourself, go on message boards and openly discuss the fact you are about to kill yourself, perhaps find a little bit peace before you go rather than being in a state of panic?

Or is it horrifying that these websites and message boards are allowed to continue after it actually being documented that some people have gone on them and followed the advice and killed themselves?
Should the first website when you search 'painless ways to kill yourself' be something along the lines of www.for****sakedontdoit.com?

Do you think these websites shouldn't exist and should be taken down?

I am completely behind these websites etc that provide information on painless, effective suicide, and I think people should be able to talk about their impending demise without every single person being like 'Stop noooooooooo!!!'

After all, if these people are really going to off themselves, they should be able to ask about how they should do it and about what they are going to leave behind, notes, life insurance etc.

Thoughts?

Sorry, wall of text
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Hey if you wanna kill yourself its your right. And if you're going to do it then you should at least know how to do it the best way.
its a choice at the end of the day im pretty divided tho
"I'm just looking for an angel with a broken wing"
-Jimmy Page

CAPTAIN OF PITTOWN AIRFORCE BASE

Quote by sglover34479
Okay ou are the official Airforce captain. Employ whoever the hell you want just check em in check with often rapings.

I agree with you. Though suicide is illegal and therefor these site's should be taken from the web.
I believe that some people who are determined to commit suicide should have al the info they can get.
Not those winey pussy emo's that can't shut up about doing it instead of actually doing it.
I have lost to suicide, but i believe that one has the right to end their own life.
Quote by Fi-Fi
I agree with you. Though suicide is illegal and therefor these site's should be taken from the web.
I believe that some people who are determined to commit suicide should have al the info they can get.
Not those winey pussy emo's that can't shut up about doing it instead of actually doing it.
I have lost to suicide, but i believe that one has the right to end their own life.

Well drugs are illegal and there's plenty of forums on discussing what to do with them.

Also I don't think all those websites are located in the US, therefore you can't get rid of them.
Why would you need a website to tell you that diving head first from the roof onto the tarmac will kill you. Christ...
Quote by hb15577
dude your not funny your an immature faggot, sig that
Fact 1- The Internet is a big place.
Fact 2- There are sites on everything.
Fact 3- You can't police every kind of site (see Fact 2) on the entire Internet (see Fact 1).

Therefore, such sites are fine and dandy. There's far worse stuff out there anyway.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
sometimes something like that will be the pushover factor, they should go away, as someone who lost an uncle to suicide i don't think it very tasteful
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
Quote by metaldud536
Well drugs are illegal and there's plenty of forums on discussing what to do with them.

Also I don't think all those websites are located in the US, therefore you can't get rid of them.

don't get me wrong, personally I think they should remain online, I was just saying that it was politicly incorrect and hence my comment.
Quote by ZanasCross
I can imagine the turnover rate on those forums must be quite high. Probably need new mods every couple weeks or so.

Is it wrong for me to laugh at this?
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by TenaciousLSD
sometimes something like that will be the pushover factor, they should go away, as someone who lost an uncle to suicide i don't think it very tasteful

Well I've also lost an uncle to suicide (serious coincidence) but I know that life can get so unbareable for some people that living on has little use. Of course if there are people who still love you it's sellfish.
Also sometime's people can get suicidal bacause of a hormone the brain produce's therefor it can be a disorder. For those people it is indeed dangerous to find these site's.
I don't approve of them but freedom is a two-way street. They should be allowed to exist just as UG does. Besides I figure if anyone is really upset enough about life that they think they need to just end it, no one should judge them for it.
Quote by Fi-Fi
Well I've also lost an uncle to suicide (serious coincidence) but I know that life can get so unbareable for some people that living on has little use. Of course if there are people who still love you it's sellfish.
Also sometime's people can get suicidal bacause of a hormone the brain produce's therefor it can be a disorder. For those people it is indeed dangerous to find these site's.

Isn't is also selfish to expect someone to stay alive just because you want them too? If someone really wants to die I think that right should be respected.
Quote by Ineedmoney427
Isn't is also selfish to expect someone to stay alive just because you want them too? If someone really wants to die I think that right should be respected.

+1

Anyway i have never really thought as death as too much of an issue (well not to the person dying anyway, as that other guy said it can hurt others emotionally, but also as the person I have quoted said it is their life and choice anyway) and I would support such sites. Though i think they should be obligated to provide information that would make the people fully consider why they are thinking of this and understand the effect it will have on others, and make them consider that it may be a temporary emotional state.
Quote by seljer
I prefer maddox's guide on manly suicide

Much more incisive and helpful; adds a lighter side to suicide, not often seen before.

If I were to kill myself, I know I'd do it by headbutting the pavement.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
If you're going to top yourslf, do it. I don't see why anyone would visit a forum to discuss it .

Personally, I wouldn't be in the mood for a barage of 'noob' and 'epic fail' when trying to bring my life to an abrupt end.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

In the immortal words of my friend Shahinaz

"when you lose everything once, get up, brush the dirt off, and move on.When you lose it twice, get back up,and move on again. When you lose it a third time. Anything but suicide is your answer. Find a way, suicide never solves your problems it shows that you were afraid to live and you left your problems for another to handle. Live until your time comes"

So bassically, if you kill yourself, you a pussy.
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
If you're going to top yourslf, do it. I don't see why anyone would visit a forum to discuss it .

Personally, I wouldn't be in the mood for a barage of 'noob' and 'epic fail' when trying to bring my life to an abrupt end.

I imagine that, along with aggressive grammar Nazis, would probably help push them over the edge.
Though on the other hand, I imagine clicking a link to an apparent great suicide method and finding you'd been Rickroll'd might just cheer you up enough to reconsider.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Sep 28, 2008,
Quote by crazy8rgood
In the immortal words of my friend Shahinaz

"when you lose everything once, get up, brush the dirt off, and move on.When you lose it twice, get back up,and move on again. When you lose it a third time. Anything but suicide is your answer. Find a way, suicide never solves your problems it shows that you were afraid to live and you left your problems for another to handle. Live until your time comes"

So bassically, if you kill yourself, you a pussy.

People can be afraid of things, are you afraid of nothing? Have you ever dealt with yourself as being suicidal? No? Well then, I guess you have no experience on this. Yes? Then why do you seem to know nothing about people who can relate to being suicidal? We also have a right to life, and God-given or not it is a choice every single person can make on their own. This really isn't a discussable topic, because it isn't murder. It's dealing with one person taking their own life, using their right to life. Also, no one gives a shit what anyone's friend says, especially knowing average ages of the people of the pit.
Quote by Ineedmoney427
I don't approve of them but freedom is a two-way street. They should be allowed to exist just as UG does. Besides I figure if anyone is really upset enough about life that they think they need to just end it, no one should judge them for it.

i agree with this

painless suicide wtf?? if i was going to off myself id make it as violent and memorable as possible. when no one gives a shit about me in life id try to go out with the biggest bang possible without villianizing myself. i do it cobain style and try to spread my brains and/or internal organs as far out as possible.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by punch bowl
People can be afraid of things, are you afraid of nothing? Have you ever dealt with yourself as being suicidal? No? Well then, I guess you have no experience on this. Yes? Then why do you seem to know nothing about people who can relate to being suicidal? We also have a right to life, and God-given or not it is a choice every single person can make on their own. This really isn't a discussable topic, because it isn't murder. It's dealing with one person taking their own life, using their right to life. Also, no one gives a shit what anyone's friend says, especially knowing average ages of the people of the pit.

I was going to kill myself at one point, one of my best friends has tried to kill themselves TEN TIMES!!!! Don't you dare tell me that i know nothing about the subject, becuase if you implying that, your an asshole.
The law's purpose should(although many times isn't) to protect people from being violated by others, and to help keep society functioning. Something should only be illegal if it directly harms another person. Therefore I believe all information, regardless to what it pertains to should be completely legal to share freely. Laws should prevent other people from hurting you, not to tell you how you should live(or in this case,not live).
Quote by crazy8rgood
I was going to kill myself at one point, one of my best friends has tried to kill themselves TEN TIMES!!!! Don't you dare tell me that i know nothing about the subject, because if you implying that, your an asshole.

Ok so you have a prior experience, but I don't know about the ten time thing. Possibly either attention seeking, or just something you made up. Someone who really desires to kill them self will do it, and it really wouldn't be that hard to do except when you get to the part of actually doing it. I'm basically saying the methods can be simple, it's just that people do stupid shit to end it which makes their living situation worse. This could be avoided if they knew how to do it correctly.

One of my good friends killed himself about a month ago, but you kind of have to understand a person's situation. Albeit if you can't understand a person's situation, I don't think that will matter either, because the person is dead. Just accept that we have a right to life which also means we have a right to death, but they wouldn't write that in a constitution to my knowledge.

If God exists and you commit suicide, you're in hell for eternity, no questions asked.
Of course if God doesn't exist we can X out this statement and just go to the whole right to life statement. Being illegal doesn't make it wrong morally, and the sites that help people that consider themselves a burden make it easier for them. If someone truly is passionate about offing them self, they should be allowed to get advice on how to do it because we have a right to die.
I don't understand though why would someone not wanting to kill them self create such a site? If the person who made it kills himself then the site would die right?

Anyway i don't believe in censorship... to bad the internet is starting to have things censored.
Quote by punch bowl
Ok so you have a prior experience, but I don't know about the ten time thing. Possibly either attention seeking, or just something you made up. Someone who really desires to kill them self will do it, and it really wouldn't be that hard to do except when you get to the part of actually doing it. I'm basically saying the methods can be simple, it's just that people do stupid shit to end it which makes their living situation worse. This could be avoided if they knew how to do it correctly.

One of my good friends killed himself about a month ago, but you kind of have to understand a person's situation. Albeit if you can't understand a person's situation, I don't think that will matter either, because the person is dead. Just accept that we have a right to life which also means we have a right to death, but they wouldn't write that in a constitution to my knowledge.

If God exists and you commit suicide, you're in hell for eternity, no questions asked.
Of course if God doesn't exist we can X out this statement and just go to the whole right to life statement. Being illegal doesn't make it wrong morally, and the sites that help people that consider themselves a burden make it easier for them. If someone truly is passionate about offing them self, they should be allowed to get advice on how to do it because we have a right to die.

Wow... You have a point, and no, I didn't make that up.
Quote by JilaX^
Hey, if you're too stupid, to figure out how to kill yourself, you should probably consider it.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy

I did a Google search on Suicide Advocacy/Methods Websites and The Pit was he second website listed.
You want a good way to kill yourself?
Google Image "Dawn of the Black Hearts"
then go to Wikipedia, search for Mayhem(band) and read the "with Dead" section.

THAT, my friends, is how you should go out.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by ZanasCross
I can imagine the turnover rate on those forums must be quite high. Probably need new mods every couple weeks or so.

lol, that's what I was thinking
Anyway, as I recall hearing somewhere, you can get arrested for attempted suicide, which I guess makes it a crime. Therefore, it is probably somewhat illegal to give information on how to kill yourself, as it would be just like giving information on how to kill someone else. Therefore, the websites advocating suicide ought to be shut down. Besides, there are plenty of places where these kinds of people can get help and treatment.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Page 1 of 2