Ok, so ive been saving up some money for a new amp, I play metal for the most part thrash metal. I gig and i also play in my bedroom. I've always wanted a krankenstein + but was always way too short of the money, but thank god for stores with monthly payments haha, but the other day i went to guitar center and player this egnater which was pretty awesome, my only beef with the krank is that it was too loud when i played it at my friends. I've heard about power attenuators but the money would keep piling up. Also once i realized monthly payments the evh III came to mind haha i just need someone with more experience with these amps to help me out

Thanks!
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
I think the Kranks are great amps, although they fall into the love/hate category for some. If you like it, go for it. I've heard that the EVH III is a brilliant amp, but I have yet to try one myself.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like the orange? I had always thought with the right distortion pedal and EQ it would be good for metal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Krank Rev Jr could be worth it!
Do you have a budget?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by stradivari310
I think the Kranks are great amps, although they fall into the love/hate category for some. If you like it, go for it. I've heard that the EVH III is a brilliant amp, but I have yet to try one myself.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like the orange? I had always thought with the right distortion pedal and EQ it would be good for metal.

need a back up for gigging, its broken before :/
plus id call myself a guitar nerd, always looking for new gear to toy with
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Chrisiphone
Krank Rev Jr could be worth it!
Do you have a budget?

ive played it before, i should check out the rev jr pro though, and i dont have a budget as long as its monthly payments
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
^^ Hah, that's a good enough reason.. I've heard that some have reliability issues.
Anyway, I thought a bit more and I would say the EVH is your best bet if you have the cash.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
^^ Hah, that's a good enough reason.. I've heard that some have reliability issues.
Anyway, I thought a bit more and I would say the EVH is your best bet if you have the cash.

yeah, I'm probably just going to save up some more money so im not paying it off for the rest of my life lol
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Anyone know about power attenuators?
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Shouldn't really need one with a high gain amp, just turn the master down. Unless you want power tube saturation.

For attenuators weber is the way to go, though one with enough juice for a head like that will run you around 200 bucks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Shouldn't really need one with a high gain amp, just turn the master down. Unless you want power tube saturation.

For attenuators weber is the way to go, though one with enough juice for a head like that will run you around 200 bucks.

yeah, i heard about taking out some of the tubes and changing it to 8 ohms instead of 16. Plus i think its pretty much all the same after like 50 watts tube, right?
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30