I have an epiphone les paul that does not have this problem. My 1984 ibanez roadstar ii with a single humbucker pickup has really bad feedback. If the amp is quiet or loud - it's still an issue. If I'm not holding the strings itll feedback. If I'm in a big room or a wood-floored or tiled room especially, its insane. Besides this, the guitar is really, really nice - what ca I do about this? It's impossible in practice/band environments because when you are playing loud, its really really bad, sometimes if I'm holding the strings itll even do it.

Also, I don't knwo WHAT pickup it is.. it's 28 years old and i didn't buy it originally. It's stock though Im' pretty sure and its cream colored (but that might be aged?)
Maybe try a noice reducer or something of the sort.

And, I'm not too sure, but maybe shield it, or put a cover over the pickup. I've heard they'll stop it, although I'm not too sure, so if anyone can give anymore detail, it would be great.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Thats the pickup mate seriously i had that on a cheaper guitar changed all the electronics on it and it was the pickups.
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
+1 on the pickup. Its microphonic, thats why its feeding back on you like that. You got 2 options. 1. is to buy a new pickup and buy one that is wax potted. All Seymour Duncan pickups for example are wax potted pretty much except for a few or 2. you wax pot the pickup yourself which can be a hassle and you could kill the pickup in question or have a tech do it for you if you really love the pickups tone.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
stuff the pickup cavity with foam.

Satch and Paul Gilbert do it, it helps apparently!
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!