ok so i bought the taylor 214ce on wens and so far i love it but i took it somewhere today and i was parked on a hill as i was getting out the door fell back right as i was lifting my leg and and crunch! sandwiched the guitar between me knee and to door now it was in the hard case but still i panicked and i looked and everything appears normal i had a friend check out out to and he says its fine but i noticed the back of the guitar bows out alittle bit is this normal? we looked at my friends martin and his did to but not quite as much and his guitar is 8 years old so is it normal for a guitar to bow out like this?
8 years old, guitar makers can change each guitar design almost every 6 months.

It could very well be the way it was, if its in a gutiar hard case, then i seriosuly doubt its been hurt, and way, it wouldnt bow out, itd bow in if it was smashed.
As long as there aren't any cracks in the wood then it should be fine. As long as it's curved outwards and not into the guitar then it should be fine. You squished the hard case. There would be no reason for the guitar to curve outwards from being squished.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yep thats probably how it was made with a slightly contoured back. Larrivees are the same way.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
It's supposed to improve projection, or so I hear.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.