So, I saw this thread:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967151

And I thought about something. I've been playing guitar for about two and a half years, but have always had a hard time with singing and playing at the same time. Do you guys think that If i got guitar hero, set up the mic and guitar, and tried it out, would I be able to learn how to sing and play from this?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
why do you need guitar hero?

+1

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
why do you need guitar hero?

++
you get better at something by doing it

play guitar whilst singing => you will get better at playing guitar whilst singing
It will teach you coordination and pitches, but it will in no way improve your playing. And for God's sake, get Rock Band.
instead of using guitar hero, why don't you just use a real guitar and a real mic?
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by seljer
++

play guitar whilst singing => you will get better at playing guitar whilst singing

No you'll get better at pressing 5 buttons and singing.

This'll make it harder to sing and fret individual strings.

Jedit: Apologies. I thought you were talking about GH.

Yes you are right.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Last edited by Oblivion_Rps at Sep 28, 2008,
I think hes trying to say it would help with his coordination, but don't bother forking out for it, just learn a song on guitar and lyrics seperately and practise together.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by seljer

you speak amazingly truthfully!
No, it wouldn't help because you can see the notes you're playing on screen. This really does nothing for your real guitar playing.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
analogy: I want to become an olympic sprinter, should I start practising rhythmic gymnastics?
No it will not help because you will have to focus on looking at the screen so you cannot focus on singing the right lyrics. Try learning some easy guitar songs and sing to them, then learn harder songs later.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

But seriously, no.
Play REAL guitar, and practice REALLY singing, and you'll be good at playing guitar and singing.

Practice playing Guitar Hero, and Singing at the same time, then.. well, you'll be good at Guitar Hero.
Take your pick (no pun intended).
Last edited by Zeppelin_1223 at Sep 28, 2008,
Yeah I think computer games will improve you as musician. Deffiently, yeah.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.