Yeah, I finally got the Crate V-50 today and I realllllllllllllllllllly like it, I haven't really been able to push it past anything more than bedroom volume yet, but sometime later I hopefully will.

The thing is ****ing awesome, and for only 225$ (taxes included).

No pics / clips don't got a cam
Congrats, I hope you enjoy it. Go to target and buy a 10 dollar mic, download audacity and get us some clips!!!!
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Any store that sells computer mics. You can get a decent recording with them. Both the clips in my profile used a cheapo computer mic and audacity and they sound fine to me.
O yeah, didn't think about that, I have a lap top so I take computer to amp.
Kevin, in order to record in Audacity, how do you plug your microphone into the computer? Does the microphone have a USB plug on it or do you use some sort of adapter?
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
My computer has a mic 1/8 inch input for cheapo computer mics that plug in like that. I don't have a "real" mic. For a real mic you can use a xlr to 1/8" (bad) or they make usb adapter that replace your soundcard and are supposed to work well. I'm thinking about getting an sm57 and one of those adapter if I ever have the money.
A 1/8" Stereo Mic input is pretty standard on computers. it's usually pink on desktops.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Alright cool thanks guys. I need to start getting some recording equipment assembled.
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
Quote by Kevin Saale
My computer has a mic 1/8 inch input for cheapo computer mics that plug in like that. I don't have a "real" mic. For a real mic you can use a xlr to 1/8" (bad) or they make usb adapter that replace your soundcard and are supposed to work well. I'm thinking about getting an sm57 and one of those adapter if I ever have the money.

+

=all you need with that SM57

Don't judge me.
I guess that could work, I don't really know how good my soundcard is.
That was my recording rig for a really long time. It doesn't matter how good your soundcard is when you're using Audacity. That automatically limits you.

Don't judge me.