I have line 6 spider 15 watt and a epiphone les paul special 2

Anyways, would it be stupid to buy a korg ax3000g, which costs more than both of these? I just want something to help my tone and something to play around with.
Yes, it would. If anything, sell your Spider and buy the Korg and a pair of headphones. You'll be MUCH happier.
The AX3000G or ANY Multi-FX pedal will not work well with the Spider.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
personally, i am againt multi-effect units. picture yourslef in this situation:
you're five minutes before your gig, and your Multi effect f*cks up. what now? all your effects are programmed into this thing, and your whole tone is gone.

i would suggest getting a better amp. if the multieffect itself is 200$, trade in your spider and get a better amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
sell the amp. buy something with tone. the get a distortion pedal. you'll be much happier. i have a pocket pod, and through computer speakers it sounds better than my friends spider. actually, if your feeling real cheap, get a pocketpod and cheap speakers.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Yes, it would. If anything, sell your Spider and buy the Korg and a pair of headphones. You'll be MUCH happier.
The AX3000G or ANY Multi-FX pedal will not work well with the Spider.

Why don't they work good with the Spider?
They don't work well with the spider because it's a Solid State modeling amp. It has it's own digital effects built in, and those clash with the digital effects (or even analog pedals) of modeling pedals. The safest bet is the clean channel when using effects, but it's still modeled. Theres some way you can bypass the modeling section of the amp when using a spider, but i don't remember what it is.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
They don't work well with the spider because it's a Solid State modeling amp. It has it's own digital effects built in, and those clash with the digital effects (or even analog pedals) of modeling pedals. The safest bet is the clean channel when using effects, but it's still modeled. Theres some way you can bypass the modeling section of the amp when using a spider, but i don't remember what it is.

Yea, I'll try and look it up in the manual, thanks for the replies.