what equipment do i need to play eruption? mainly what guitar should i get
($500-$800)?
any guitar can do the job if you can play it...and phaser could help get the sound
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
a bit of chorus, reverb and some high output pickups, and a lot of distortion.....ALOT
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
A guitar and the ability to play it.

You don't use one song as your basis for choosing a guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well all you NEED is a guitar.
but to get it too sound more like eddie, all you really need is a disortion pedal.
i make a squier affinity strat through a marshallg10 with the stock overdrive sound just like eddie....so really, the equipment doesnt matter
Eddie used a B-Stock neck and body, along with a custom wound and potted pickup. He played through a cranked Marshall head.
Like seagull said, you don't base you decision off what you need to play ONE song.
If you're getting a new guitar, one with a floating trem (not edge 3) would help. New amp helps the most though.

EDIT:
Quote by stratdud39
well all you NEED is a guitar.
but to get it too sound more like eddie, all you really need is a disortion pedal.
i make a squier affinity strat through a marshallg10 with the stock overdrive sound just like eddie....so really, the equipment doesnt matter

Yeah i'm sure you do kiddo.
Last edited by HighPotency at Sep 28, 2008,
Quote by HighPotency
Eddie used a B-Stock neck and body, along with a custom wound and potted pickup. He played through a cranked Marshall head.
Like seagull said, you don't base you decision off what you need to play ONE song.
If you're getting a new guitar, one with a floating trem (not edge 3) would help. New amp helps the most though.

EDIT:

Yeah i'm sure you do kiddo.

...ya...i do...
Quote by stratdud39
...ya...i do...

I'm having a hard time deciding on whether or not you're being sarcastic.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
I'm having a hard time deciding on whether or not you're being sarcastic.

lol
okay, im trying to say that it doesn't matter what type of gear you have, if your a great guitar player, then you will sound great on any guitar or amp
Quote by stratdud39
lol
okay, im trying to say that it doesn't matter what type of gear you have, if your a great guitar player, then you will sound great on any guitar or amp

No you won't... Seriously.
Quote by ShaunDiel
I agree it's possible to get a decent sound. He said "any guitar and amp will sound great" or something along those lines. That's what I disagree with.

I'M TRYIG TO SAY THAT YOU DONT NEED THE FANCIEST EQUIPMENT TO GET A NICE SOUND.
THERE ARE TIMES I WISH I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL
and anyways, this thread is bogus, you dont buy equipment to be able to play just one song so delete this thread
Quote by stratdud39
I'M TRYIG TO SAY THAT YOU DONT NEED THE FANCIEST EQUIPMENT TO GET A NICE SOUND.
THERE ARE TIMES I WISH I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL
and anyways, this thread is bogus, you dont buy equipment to be able to play just one song so delete this thread

Except you're wrong, just admit it.

TS, get a Jackson superstrat and a Marshall tube combo and you're set.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Except you're wrong, just admit it.

TS, get a Jackson superstrat and a Marshall tube combo and you're set.

actually no, i sed u dont need the fanciest epuipment to get a good tone...and that true...
You absolutely have no chance of playing Eruption whatsoever unless you use this guitar:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/EVH-Eddie-Van-Halen-Frankenstein-Replica-Electric-Guitar-104226733-i1176775.gc

It has been scientifically proven that playing eruption on any other guitar will actually be replaced by a small squeaking noise similar to a tiny marsupial caught in a barb wire fence once it reaches the amp. Fact.
Its still all in the fingers and pick attack but equipment wise, I've seen many players get close from modeling amps or modeling floor pedals. Its all in your fingers. Personally I'd get a 50watt JCM 800 and crank the sh*t out of it.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
^yeah, and you'd go deaf for... your entire life.

noob.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
Quote by 5th_fret
^yeah, and you'd go deaf for... your entire life.

noob.

Heh yea, but if you want that EVH tone that's the best way to go and no need for the n00b comments especially online sitting behind your PC. I know you think you know it all but please save the personal attacks for someone else, thanks.
Last edited by mepmep at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
$800 worth of lessons...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Wigert
Fixed. This man is right though.

You won't be able to play it without that stuff.

First off, Eruption never had a Flanger in it or a Wah and you don't need the EVH Celestions. Eddie had a combination of 2 Greenbacks and 2 JBL's in his cab for VH1 and you don't need a $25,000 replica when the guitar he recorded it on cost him almost nothing and the body was a second and ready to be thrown away.

If you want his guitar then buy a Northern Ash body and maple neck, then either get the SD Custom Shop '78 model or something similar (low output) attached to the body, not the pickguard and get a vintage Strat trem. Assemble together and apply your own paint scheme with spraycans and thats it. Crank a Marshall and try and copy his pick attack and tapping (tough part )
lol this is funny
I HAVE SOLD MY SOUL FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!
You need a heatsuit and a very active volcano...

Oh wait...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by dudester410
a bit of chorus, reverb and some high output pickups, and a lot of distortion.....ALOT

Van Halen used low-output pickups.

/ass

Erm........ you need a guitar? And practice? Nothing else really.....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I reckon if you handed Eddie a squier strat and a line 6 spider he would still sound awesome, it really isn't about what gear you have. Great guitars do sound better than crap guitars but only in the hands of someone with ability.
seriously, though, any strat-style (or super-strat style) guitar with a lowish output bridge humbucker and a hot-rod marshally style valve amp should get you there, assuming you can play like ed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Colgate Total
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dVyroY5mCME&feature=user

Granted it doesn't sound "amazing," it's still decent.

the tone on that video is horrible.

the playing is good, and fair enough that may detract from the shittiness of the tone, but if you purely listen to the tone it sounds awful.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=D9v5e1TTwts&feature=related

This vid's similar but I'd say that doesn't sound as bad. but the tone itself is still bad.

but on topic. any guitar will be able to play eruption as long as it has enough frets.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.