Okay so I played my Crate V-50 for about 50-60 minutes and then I touched the silver part at the top (where the knobs are and shit..) and it seemed a little hot, since I don't wanna blow the tubes or anything and I know **** all about amps... I decided okay...that's enough for now.

so my question is, how hot is too hot?

also how long do I keep my amp on standby before i turn it on?

also do i have to put it on standby before I turn it off?
Is it painful to touch, or is it just warm?

Generally 1 minute should be long enough, but if it isn't just wait a little longer next time.

You don't need to put the amp on standby, but it's a good habit so the switches are in the proper position next time when you start it up.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Shoulda just tacked this onto your other thread.

It'll get real hot. Don't worry about it.
30 seconds to a minute will do fine.
You don't have to, it helps to do it just to ensure that it's on standby before you turn it back on.
I like to turn my amp on standby until it stops amplifying sounds, then I turn it off. Helps to eliminate pops.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
30 seconds to a minute in stand by is recommended. i normally do a full minute just because

the amp getting hot is fine...tubes need to heat up. just moniter the temps and keep an eye on it, but the vents on the v series do jack all and because the tubes are right below the control panel. expect the metal to heat up real fast and real hot. my v33 has actually gotten too hot to touch before
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Is it painful to touch, or is it just warm?

Generally 1 minute should be long enough, but if it isn't just wait a little longer next time.

You don't need to put the amp on standby, but it's a good habit so the switches are in the proper position next time when you start it up.

Naw it doesn't hurt but it was warm... almsot "hot" and I don't say that cause its teh sexy
All amps get hot. They have electric currents running through them. Electricity is hot.

but the vents on the v series do jack all and because the tubes are right below the control panel.

No, they're not below it. Ive opened it up. They stick out of the front side. If you look in the left vent when standing infront of the amp, you can see a power amp and preamp lined up with it. The others are to the right of that.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by GuitarNinja12
All amps get hot. They have electric currents running through them. Electricity is hot.

No, they're not below it. Ive opened it up. They stick out of the front side. If you look in the left vent when standing infront of the amp, you can see a power amp and preamp lined up with it. The others are to the right of that.

true. solid states get hot too when you play long and loud. happened to my frontman and i was like damn is this tube? but then.. it's not. rofl. i'm serious

yes it will get hot. it has tubes. if it doesnt get hot, you have a problem
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by the boogieman
30 seconds to a minute in stand by is recommended. i normally do a full minute just because

the amp getting hot is fine...tubes need to heat up. just moniter the temps and keep an eye on it, but the vents on the v series do jack all and because the tubes are right below the control panel. expect the metal to heat up real fast and real hot. my v33 has actually gotten too hot to touch before

My friend has a real big, real old tube amp in his garage and it can get pretty hot where the vent is/where the tubes are... It's never affected the control panels or the knobs though.

How do you like the V33? I plan on ordering one in a few days.