I've read alot of mixed reviews about this amp, some say its awesome, some say its muddy and not so much clarity. Im gonna try this amp soon but if i buy it, its my first tube amp and i've only owned a roland micro cube so i have nothing to compare it to or any "tube amp" experience

Anyone here who own one or have tried one who have any opinions or anything to say about this amp? it would be really appreciated

i mostly play metal and i own an ibanez RGR321 if anyone wonders
Guitar: Ibanez RGR321 EXBK

Amp: Bugera 6260 head + 4x12 cab
It's a decent amp. I liked the way it sounded. I heard a tube change makes a difference too. The amp comes stock with a Celestion seventy 80 speaker. You want to replace that with a V30, that might remove some "mud" from the tone. I'd probably choose a Bugera 6260 over the Randall though considering the price is the same.
I would agree with Esupremecy, but because of the reliability of Bugera's, I would say go Randall.
yeah, ive also looked in the bugera 6260, but i've heard some stories about bugera amps quality and so on, and i cant try the bugera because i cant find it in any store where i live or used, you have to special order it, so im probably gonna go randall, but gonna try it first

Quote by AdamDK
I would agree with Esupremecy, but because of the reliability of Bugera's, I would say go Randall.

Actually the 6260's seem to be very reliable. There is quite a few people here that own one and I've heard of very few problems with those. I'd say it's on par with the Randall really.
People who complain that an amp is "muddy" need to eq a little less bass. Some amps don't have the 3 band eq on board, like the Epi VJ. But that isn't the case with the RG50tc. The Crate V18 has a rep of being "muddy" but if you keep the eq at 10:00 or 11:00 that isn't the case when I played them. Esupremacy has one, -would you agree? (About the V18).
Bugera or Randall, I would go Randall. Just mind the eq positions when you try it, experiment a bit.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
People who complain that an amp is "muddy" need to eq a little less bass. Some amps don't have the 3 band eq on board, like the Epi VJ. But that isn't the case with the RG50tc. The Crate V18 has a rep of being "muddy" but if you keep the eq at 10:00 or 11:00 that isn't the case when I played them. Esupremacy has one, -would you agree? (About the V18).
Bugera or Randall, I would go Randall. Just mind the eq positions when you try it, experiment a bit.

If I had to describe what I mean by a "muddy" tone I'd use the Peavey Valveking as a reference. You can turn back the bass on it but that "tone" is still there. I think it has more to do with a crappy speaker than anything else.
I had a RG50tc for a bit, but it died on me. While it worked it was extremely heavy sounding with massive bass, although it was quite muddy. It didn't sound that nice.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Does the 6260 Head sound the same as the combo? because i can try the head in my local music store, not the combo, if you want the combo you'll have to special order it and it will take like a month

Quote by ryphe
Does the 6260 Head sound the same as the combo? because i can try the head in my local music store, not the combo, if you want the combo you'll have to special order it and it will take like a month

The head sounds just as good or better than the combo depending on what cab/speakers you run it through.