Hey there im in need for some pickups cause i found the original pickups of my guitar to have a weak sound!! ( this is the other reason )

This is the set of Humbuckers that ive been thinking for (classic rock, hardrock/blues, metal)

Neck-Alnico II pro

Bridge -Bareknuckels nailbomb

the sound im after is in the vain of : guns n roses, metallica, ac/dc, led zeppelin, black sabbath and some modern rock aswell!!!
My rig:::::
Epiphone les paul standard
Peavey classic 30
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-7
Metal Muff
The Alnico Pro 2 also has a weak sound so I doubt that's what you're looking for. What specifically do you want to change about your tone, what's your budget and where in the world are you?

The problem in your other thread doesn't indicate any problem with your pickups themselves, the problem is either the wiring, the pots or the selector switch....there's nothing at all wrong with the pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you can afford, get a Bareknuckles for the neck too. The model you prefer. It doesnt get much better than Bareknuckles man.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Quote by steven seagull
The Alnico Pro 2 also has a weak sound so I doubt that's what you're looking for. What specifically do you want to change about your tone, what's your budget and where in the world are you?

The problem in your other thread doesn't indicate any problem with your pickups themselves, the problem is either the wiring, the pots or the selector switch....there's nothing at all wrong with the pickups.

yes but im putting my guitar in the guitar shop to see whats the deal with my guitar! but cause my birthday is coming and im gonna get some money i was thinking to install some pickups! so im thinking of getting my guitar fixed and install some pickups at the same time!!

The nailbomb cost around 120€ so my budget will be around 250€!! what i want in my tone is to have kinda fat sound! that is waht i didnt liked about the other pickups it sounded very weak i liked the neck pickup for clean sounds and leads (leggato licks sounded very well) and thats the sound i want think like a mix between gary moore, slash, type of neck pickup sound, and the bridge pickup something that could help my amp to overdrive a little bit that i could play some old school british metal! tone desired i love his bridge pickup sound (his using bareknucles nailbomb) but
his neck pickup sound is a bit agressive!!
So to resume neck pickup for some more vintage/blusey sounds and bridge pickup for more agressive type tones not going crazy about high gain just for that hard rock british metal type of sound!! Oh im from Portugal
Peavey classic 30
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-7
Metal Muff
Last edited by l0rdpt at Sep 28, 2008,
Just so's you know, changing pickups isn't going to be enough to give you that sound - there's a load of gain and also a fair bit of delay on the tone. The Classic 30 and a Metal Muff isn't going to do it, you want an overdrive pedal to boost the C30's gain and also an EQ to tighten up the sound.

The Nailbomb probably isn't ideal for what you want to play to be honest, the Holy Diver would suit your style better with a Mule or Abraxas in the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks once again for your help steven seagull and calvero too
Peavey classic 30
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-7
Metal Muff