so theres this kid at my school who brings his guitar like everyday and thinks hes the shit. i have a coffeehouse project next week and am bringing my acoustic, so

any suggestions for an acoustic song to blow him away with?
Quote by primusfan
...to be honest, we tried so many different weird positions I can't remember exactly the set up...
hotel california....the solo before hand then go into the song
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by shredda93
so theres this kid at my school who brings his guitar like everyday and thinks hes the shit. i have a coffeehouse project next week and am bringing my acoustic, so

any suggestions for an acoustic song to blow him away with?

What do the kids that bring their guitar have to do with your coffee house project?
because he's obviously tired of the shit he says and he wants to show him who's boss
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Classical Gas!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Quote by pwrmax
Mediterranean Sundance, it's a bit challenging but it'll blow people away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cadbYIzhqQ

a bit challenging?? Oh yea, anyone could knock out that one in a day or two. Especially de Lucia's parts. Yea, easy stuff.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Ocean would really do the trick, yeah. My personal acoustic favorite is To Bid You Farewell by Opeth, or maybe More Than Words by Extreme(even though it is not technically amazing). It's all about how you play them, though. I'd go with Ocean if I really wanted to do something wicked on the acoustic.
It's not a competition. Let him run around thinking he's the shit. Meanwhile, practice.
Quote by se012101
It's not a competition. Let him run around thinking he's the shit. Meanwhile, practice.

seriously, this
Quote by se012101
I tend to agree with this thinking, but if he's an arrogant prick who isn't very good, and you're humble but quite good, go kick his ass.

Edit: Play "Angelina" by Tommy Emmanuel and/or the intro to "Crazy on You" by Heart.
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Sep 28, 2008,
Seriously, ONE GUY thinks he's all that? Do you kow how many cocky-yet-untalented guitarists there are out there? You play guitar for yourself, not for anyone else. If everyone's crowded around this guy, so what? Sounds to me like you're jealous if you want the attention he's obviously getting.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
Seriously, ONE GUY thinks he's all that? Do you kow how many cocky-yet-untalented guitarists there are out there? You play guitar for yourself, not for anyone else. If everyone's crowded around this guy, so what? Sounds to me like you're jealous if you want the attention he's obviously getting.

What's wrong with that?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
I tend to agree with this thinking, but if he's an arrogant prick who isn't very good, and you're humble but quite good, go kick his ass.

that's me.
Quote by primusfan
...to be honest, we tried so many different weird positions I can't remember exactly the set up...
Quote by Kuestionmark
What's wrong with that?

aside from the obvious psychosocialogical implications? i guess nothing
Quote by Freepower
Well, if you're better than him and want to pwn him, why not play better than him in front of him?

Whai R u ASKING THE INTERNETZ?!?1

Seriously.

i just want to know a good song to do said activity

newfag
Quote by primusfan
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Freepower, that is the coolest thing I've ever seen on the UG by far.

Seriously. I'm going to copy it and save it for future Pit posts.