I just got an electric guitar and am new with guitars. You know how there are metal pieces that the strings go through on the front of the instrument? They are the metal pieces closest to where you strum. Yes I need to learn all the vocabulary I know. haha. I took those metal pieces off in attempt to restring it and got the springs mixed up. It is put together again properly except for those springs which I imagine are very important to be paired properly with their correct strings. What should I do to fix what I have done?

Thanks,
Kirk
i think you must have a fender knockoff... just google the spring placement, seeing as they all have the same amount of tension
First is your guitar a string through (No whammy bar) or does it have a floyd rose? (tremelo bar, "whammy bar") If you answered string through, when you opened the pack of strings they had colors on the ends of them, you gotta match those up obviously. If you have a floyd rose its the same thing but you have to clip the ends of the strings where those color loops are and use the small alan key to unscrew the back part of the screw that holds the string in place. I didnt really go too in depth with it, you can google how to change strings and im sure you'll find some helpful information. Hope that helps a little.
Quote by Dimeslime333
First is your guitar a string through (No whammy bar) or does it have a floyd rose? (tremelo bar, "whammy bar") If you answered string through, when you opened the pack of strings they had colors on the ends of them, you gotta match those up obviously. If you have a floyd rose its the same thing but you have to clip the ends of the strings where those color loops are and use the small alan key to unscrew the back part of the screw that holds the string in place. I didnt really go too in depth with it, you can google how to change strings and im sure you'll find some helpful information. Hope that helps a little.

I think what he's saying is that he's dismantled his tremolo-bridge for some reason.

Yeah, google it and you should be able to find where each spring should go. However, your intonation will probably never be the same unless you take it to a tech or someone who knows exactly what they're doing. GL
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
those metal pieces are probably the saddles. you shouldnt need to take those off for restringing. get someone you know that knows how to do this show you. hands on stuff with proper guidance is probably the best way to go.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!