never played one
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I have the gibson one and it plays lke a dream. Sounds really good with overdrive and sounds ok with distortion (although i need new amp lolz)
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
I'm pretty sure everywhere's sold out of the gibsons unless your willing to visit the bay of e, not sure bout the epis but they are doing a couple of slash goldtops soon so you could always look into those.
Eh I don't like the look of the goldtops, Slash or not, I'm not spending $1000 on something that has a bad design.

Edit: Has anyone tried an Epiphone Slash? Are they decent?
Last edited by Guitar2theface at Sep 28, 2008,
Quote by Guitar2theface
Well I wanted a Les Paul for the warm rich tone, and I like the way the Slash Les Paul looks.

Get an antique burst LP?
Dickless.
You're pretty much just paying more for a different logo on the headstock and Slash's name on the guitar. You're probably better off finding an Epi Elitist somewhere (unless you're rich enough for a gibson) and changing the pickups.
Quote by -Blue-
Why buy a signature model of someone else? I never got that whole idea. You should want a guitar that suits your style/sound, not someone else's.

Some signature models offer features that aren't available on standard models. The Eric Johnson neck and the Clapon boost on either of their signature strats. In some cases the build quality is simply better than on other models (like on Ibanez signatures, maybe?).

I'm not saying that either is the case here, but that is why people should be buying signature models. The sad fact is that most of the time it's just putting name on a guitar to jack the price up.
its not that great, especialy the price... it woudl be a good investment, but not a players guitar
my friend got one and he lets me play it all the time
Alright, I decided to just save my money for a nice Gibson (Hopefully cheaper than $2000). How well do Epiphones stack up against Gibsons though? Is it worth the extra $1000?
Quote by -Blue-
Why buy a signature model of someone else? I never got that whole idea. You should want a guitar that suits your style/sound, not someone else's.

+1
and TS, you'd probably be better off with an epiphone elitist
Quote by Guitar2theface
Alright, I decided to just save my money for a nice Gibson (Hopefully cheaper than $2000). How well do Epiphones stack up against Gibsons though? Is it worth the extra $1000?

you would be WAY better off getting a carvin instead of a gibson, they're way better.
Frankly, if you buy a gibson you're just doing it to say you have a gibson. By the time you get to the models that are actually really good, you could easily get something better, for cheaper, custom made for you by a luthier.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
I'm on the Carvin site but I don't know if I know enough to choose/make a custom guitar. I want a warmer, rich tone like the Les Paul. What would I need to achieve this sound?
Shit bud, if you want a Gibson buy a Gibson.

Just because some dudes on an internet forum tell you that you can get a custom made for the same price doesn't mean you should. You need a very specific tone in mind when designing a custom, and you need to know exactly what you want, which it looks like you don't. Not to mention you can't try it out until after it's made, at which point you are responsible for buying it, whether you like it or not.

Also, checking craigslist can yield many fantastic older Gibsons at fractions of what they're really worth.

Custom guitars are mainly there if the existing ones don't give you the sound you want, and it sounds like you want the sound of a lp, so go out and find one. Slash's actually has pretty cheap pickups I think, so if you really need that, a swap will get pretty much the exact tone of his signature line.