Page 1 of 5
Here's a scenario. I want you to see if you can work out what to do.

You are a Roman commander with 20,000 men. You have all the best technology at your disposal...including balista and catapulta, archers, long spears and all your men are armed with gladii.

The battle is being fought on a grassy plain. The weather is good.

Your enemy- Hannibal. The Carthiginian army has a special weapon- archers mounted on elephants. He also has 18,000 men.

How do you defeat him? You can use any weapon and tactic you have.
Shout "TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELL!" and charge.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'd light pigs on fire and send them at him. That'll show him who's the boss.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Spearmen Phalanx on soldiers, ballista and archers on elephants, catapult at enemy thats in distance.
I'd call Marty McFly, zoom into the future, bring back Chuck Norris, and make him roundhouse kick them into hell.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Study Rome: Total War for a bit, attack his elephants with incenidary pigs, have skirmisher's pepper his incoming infantry with archer's firing over the heads of my soldiers. Stick the spearmen in front to meet the attack as light infantry flank them. Follow up with heavy infantry and triarii then send a cavalry charge to rout them.

Or nuke 'em.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
id watch gladiator and figure something out... if there's something i learned from that movie, its roman warfare tactics.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
stall them until Gandalf the White comes with reinforcements.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Hit and run with archers on the elephants... aim for the drivers, piss off the elephant.

Same idea with throwing spears. Oh. And Ballistas aimed a/ elephants, to be a jerk.
Otherwise
For a 'normal' battle like this...Spears in front, Some archers, armed with melee weopans in between. And, main infantry behind that, with masses of archers behind them. Catapults back there too....

Wait? What was the point of this?
Gear -

-Dean MLX
-Standard P-Bass
-Behringer Ultrabass BX300 (It can't wait to crap out on me)

Quote by Kensai
I'd light pigs on fire and send them at him. That'll show him who's the boss.

id use that tactic, or use dogs. the elephants would bolt through fear, killing their own troops. i'd use archers, and artillery to fire into the enemy while this is happening. the handlers will have to kill their elephants, i would then send in the infantry, under cover of archer fire. i'd use cavalry to mop up.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
before the battle dig holes in the grass put some sharp objects in their and cover them up, like Julius Ceasar would do 150 yrs later.
Or attack Carthage and beat him at Zama.
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
Last edited by slayerific at Sep 28, 2008,
I'd try to be the one to attack first, not let him attack me first. Then I'd pretty much just whip out my gattling and pwn all those n00bs.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Eat his elephants the night before.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
The answer is actually quite simple....

I don't think you need anything more than pigs on fire.

Well, if you really are going for an overkill, superglue crowbars onto the pigs. Crowbars that EXPLODE!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Fart in a bottle, put a lid on it and throw it over. The smell of war...
signature
Um... I will use Intimidating Shout to kinda scatter them... and uh, We're gonna need Divine Intervention on our mages. Also, I'm coming up with 32.33, repeating of course, percentage of survival. and then....

Aw ****.... We dont have chicken.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Order my men to shoot spears at the elephants in the genitals or the anus to mess them up.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I fail to see why you couldn't just mass rape everyone?
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.

How do you defeat him?

I kill all his men, duh...
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Make a tunnel and dig mines all across the way, then retreat.
When the elephants chase after you, and pass over the mines, detonate them, bye bye elephants (and maybe a handful 100-1000 soldiers).
Now strap bombs onto each of your soldiers, and make all of them charge at the enemy. One soldier would kill 3-4 soldiers max...
And don't forget that if the distance is not too far, you can snipe their leader from the distance, and the army will scatter...

Or maybe bring lots of mice so the elephants stomp on his own army?
Now strap bombs onto each of your soldiers, and make all of them charge at the enemy. One soldier would kill 3-4 soldiers max...

Extremist?
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Send elite skimmers to hit the front since they have bonus attack to archers... then run some knights around to flank them. If things start going bad call in an air strike to napalm them.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Come on guys, use some initiative.

we're obviously not gona get it, so just tell us.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
The answer is actually quite simple....

It is.

First of all, I wouldn't be Roman, I'd be Greek. My hoplites would form a phalanx and rape the barbarians.
One main group consisting of the majority of my infantry, a large group of archers and Siege equipment.

One separate group of archers and lots of siege equipment + infantry to defend them placed on a nearby hill during the night before combat.

All my cavalry will be used for flanking when the time is right, preferably kept hidden behind the main force, to accomplish this with the most effectiveness.

Also, as Kensai said, the pigs you can light on fire will be directed into the core of my enemy's army.

Catapults will of course fire at the main groups of their army.
catapult at the mother****ing elephants. which would take out the archers. Battle won.

Tech+higher numbers= easily won battle.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by JilaX^
One main group consisting of the majority of my infantry, a large group of archers and Siege equipment.

One separate group of archers and lots of siege equipment + infantry to defend them placed on a nearby hill during the night before combat.

All my cavalry will be used for flanking when the time is right, preferably kept hidden behind the main force, to accomplish this with the most effectiveness.

Also, as Kensai said, the pigs you can light on fire will be directed into the core of my enemy's army.

Catapults will of course fire at the main groups of their army.

sorry but wtf are you using siege equipment against a group of men for? siege equipment was used against buildings...
I don't really get how Hannibal expects to win after all of the bad experiences that he's had with those stupid elephants and being outnumbered by 2000 better trained soldiers.
Page 1 of 5