Gotten caught downloading (music, movies, games, etc.) by there ISP/RIAA and was sent a cease and desist email, letter or phone call?
i never did
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Quote by Colgate Total
I'm from Canada, so I can download all the music I damn well please.

same here, well i know harper was going to pass something that is a federal law stating that if you are caught distributing priated software and music you get a 500k fine or go to jail for 5 years, you dont get in trouble for downloading just the person releasing it, and the person has to be in canada, or the server does.
Back when it was first going on I logged onto Napster one morning and got the message "You have been banned by Metallica"

I was like "...... SWEET!"
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Colgate Total

Doesn't the Canadian government have a huge thing against Illegal Downloads and didn't the CRIAA get Demonoid.com shut down a while back because of Canadian traffic on the website?
Traben Array Custom 5-String
Acoustic 170 Combo
Line 6 Bass Pod

My ISP used to send like 2 warnings a week.

In Canada they aren't required to terminate the contract though.
Quote by Colgate Total
Not for long. They're putting in a new law with really stiff penalties for pirating.
I live in Canada, and I thought they recently passed a law making it illegal.
My uncle got his internet shut down by his isp (rogers) cause he was pirating software, but not music.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Not for long. They're putting in a new law with really stiff penalties for pirating.

its only if you distribute it not if you download it, and acutally the bill didnt got through cause of the election were having, but i bet most americans dont know were having one soon.
Quote by tona_107
I live in Canada, and I thought they recently passed a law making it illegal.
My uncle got his internet shut down by his isp (rogers) cause he was pirating software, but not music.

Quote by Pat_s1t

(Invalid img)
ive been doing it for 2 years but havent got anything
my hovercraft is full of eels
I've never been caught, but my isp disable stuff like torrents and limewire. It's the only kinda internet you can get out in the country too. >
Quote by convictionless
its only if you distribute it not if you download it, and acutally the bill didnt got through cause of the election were having, but i bet most americans dont know were having one soon.

I didn't know that. And with our election coming up I bet a lot of my fellow semi-ignorant Americans don't know either.
Quote by mr.happyman
I've never been caught, but my isp disable stuff like torrents and limewire. It's the only kinda internet you can get out in the country too. >

move to a better country?
i got an email for trying to download some movie when i was 12, now i dont download movies anymore
Quote by convictionless

I always thought you guys had a tribal series of prinipalities and you chose leaders by who could kill the largest moose during the winter harvest.

-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Colgate Total

Woah! They've finally got around to getting the internet in Canada?

You're all going to be too busy on t3h int3hw3bz to worry about your hockey and cranberry farming.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Nope, never have.
I'm not too sure how strict Australia is, though.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Garou1911
I always thought you guys had a tribal series of prinipalities and you chose leaders by who could kill the largest moose during the winter harvest.

Used to around 10 years ago.

A lot has changed since then though.
Quote by Garou1911

no
just
no

anyways
the canadian government seems to be laid back and if it wasnt for the US they probly wouldnt do shit about torrenting and P2P applications.
I use Limewire to download alot. Some bands I wont really download, or if I do, I'll go buy there CD as well. Alot of bands lose sales because of others are always downloading there music. I atleast try doing my part by buying merch and CD's from a small handful of bands I listen to.

I do get alot of music and movies off of Limewire though.