Which sansamp is better?
The rackmount version or the 3 channel stomp box version?

Im considering getting one and was wondering your opinions on them.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
well considering we are on the bass forum i thought it would be obvious that i meant the bass specific devices.

I meant between the sansamp programmable bass driver and the sansamp rbi rack unit.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
Well what one caters to you more, will you be needing to use three different sounds during a song or when jamming?
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
A few things you can consider.

Do you plan on building a rack in the future? Do you already have some sort of pedal board? Do you like any of the sounds you get from your Phathead enough to use it with the Sansamp.

If you already have a pedal-board, it would make since to add the pedal to it. Especially if you're going to want to use more than one sound from it. I've got the rackmount version and I only use one tone from it, but the rackmount also has a mid control (which the pedal version does it) and I crank the mids a lot.

If you already have a rack started, it would make since to get the rackmount unit just for cohesiveness. It seems a little unpractical to have both a rack unit and a pedal board.
Quote by BlueShox
A few things you can consider.

Do you plan on building a rack in the future? Do you already have some sort of pedal board? Do you like any of the sounds you get from your Phathead enough to use it with the Sansamp.

If you already have a pedal-board, it would make since to add the pedal to it. Especially if you're going to want to use more than one sound from it. I've got the rackmount version and I only use one tone from it, but the rackmount also has a mid control (which the pedal version does it) and I crank the mids a lot.

If you already have a rack started, it would make since to get the rackmount unit just for cohesiveness. It seems a little unpractical to have both a rack unit and a pedal board.

This is my problem really. I want to get more than one sound out of it, but i also want a mid control. It is stupid. why does the pedal not have a mid control?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by shinhoman
This is my problem really. I want to get more than one sound out of it, but i also want a mid control. It is stupid. why does the pedal not have a mid control?

x

Why not get it and an EQ pedal which you can use to adjust its tone?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
gm_jack is right, you should just get an EQ pedal to go along with it. I have both the SansAmp Bass Driver and a Boss GEB-7 EQ pedal. The lack of a mind control on the SansAmp is really noticable and lucky me I still had my GEB-7 laying around. Just bosted the mids abit and I cut through like butter. Plus it doesn't really make sence to get the rack mount version if you don't have anything else yet.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
the rackmount has superior sound wuality, cuicuits and features. the programable is just conveniant because you can have 3 presets, and it runs on battery.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E