1.) Wherer is the best place to put it? Before or after my OD? Main input or FX loop?

2.) MF says it requires "35mA 9VDC" of power... That's not much at all! So, would just any ol' power supply work? (This ibanez, prefferably)

I'm getting one of these babies in a few day, so that's why i'm asking.
Thanks!
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
1.) Wherer is the best place to put it? Before or after my OD? Main input or FX loop?

2.) MF says it requires "35mA 9VDC" of power... That's not much at all! So, would just any ol' power supply work? (This ibanez, prefferably)

I'm getting one of these babies in a few day, so that's why i'm asking.
Thanks!

The ISP Decimator almost always goes last in your pedal line. That way it will filter out all the noise of your guitar and the other pedals before sending the signal to the preamp.

I'd be VERY leery of using just any old power supply with an ISP. I still only use batteries in mine and can't help you out there. I fried one with a radio shack adapter that SHOULD HAVE worked. Be careful here. Sorry I couldn't be more help on that.

You will LOVE this pedal. It makes my 6505 DEAD SILENT even with the pre and post gain cranked. It doesn't suck tone or kill sustain either. Very well made and useful pedal to own.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Sep 28, 2008,
I would say before the OD since its usually pickups that cause a lot of feedback but its really wherever the gate works the best at eliminating buzz while keeping your distortion in tact without loosing much of it.

really most 9V adapters should work, really its whatever the adapter is rated for amperage wise
Okay, but you said put it after any OD/dist. pedal, so when i get a Tech 21 SansAmp GT2 and put it in the FX loop of my VK, should i put the ISP before or after it, or even in the FX loop at all? B/c i heard if you put it in the FX loop, it should be the first thing from the send jack...

Sorry if that's confusing...
O O

___
Eh, i haven't got the money for that one. Also, i ordered the Decimator a few days ago, just waiting on it to come in, now.
I guess i'll just figure it myself, CAN'T be rocket science. Lol.

And about the power supply, i e-mailed ISP's site and asked them... so they should be able to clarify it to me.
O O

___
Any 9 volt Boss style adapter will work. I use a Boss PSA with mine.

Put the Decimator after any overdrive or distortion pedals.

Put the Sansamp in front of your amp, not through the effects loop.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I don't know about where you should put it, but I saw a "review" on youtube, and this guy was comparing the NS-2 to the ISP, and he tried the Boss power adapter, and it actually made the ISP sound better and reduce more, because with the ISP adapter, it had some buzzing or something compared to the boss one.

Just look up Boss NS-2 ISP Decimator or something like that.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
Quote by Van Noord
Put the Sansamp in front of your amp, not through the effects loop.
Why? it's supposed to be run straight through to the power amp... and the FX loop bypasses the preamp... which is ideal for this pedal... right? That's what i've come to the conclusion of, and some others on UG.
Quote by k4rma
I don't know about where you should put it, but I saw a "review" on youtube, and this guy was comparing the NS-2 to the ISP, and he tried the Boss power adapter, and it actually made the ISP sound better and reduce more, because with the ISP adapter, it had some buzzing or something compared to the boss one.

Just look up Boss NS-2 ISP Decimator or something like that.
This ibanez adaptor works great for my Bad Monkey...
i emailed ISP, if they'll ever e-mail me back, i'll see what they've got to say... they should know.
O O

___
adapters are universal, that's why daisy chains like the visual sounds one spot work with A LOT of pedals.

and just put it in front of your amp, it will sound much better (the decimator)
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
and just put it in front of your amp, it will sound much better (the decimator)
after my Bad Monkey! ...
O O

___
Okay, just for anyone who searches this thread and wants to know how it ends:
When i got my Decimator, it said 100mA and 9V of power... so i just plugged in the Ibanez.
Good news is, it works like a charm.
Bad news is, i've got to buy another one for my BM, i'm running out of batteries, haha.

and it sounds best after my BM in the original line...

so, thanks guys for all your responses!
O O

___