I went into Sam Ash today to play some ESP guitars to see which one I liked, and I played through about 4-5 of them and didn't really find any that stood out. I tried the EC-1000, I didn't like the way it felt. I tried the EC-500, I liked it more than the 1000, it felt like it had much better lows. I also tried a Zakk Wylde Les Paul and I thought it played the best out of any that I tried, just slightly steep price tag, compared to the one I played last. The one I played last, as soon as I played it, I had the 'this is the one' feeling. It was the Viper-400. It felt like it was just right, it fit perfectly, played very nicely, and I just enjoyed playing it.

I asked the guy who was helping me if they had any in the box, non floor models. He checked the SKU of both the white and black ones, and they only had floor models. The black one had a couple scratches on the back, and the white one, I just decided I didn't want a floor model. He offered 10% off plus free stringing / action adjustment, however I just didn't want a floor model.

So, to my question. I've been searching around, and can't really find anywhere to get one online that will do a free stringing and action adjustment. Does anyone know where I can find a site that will do this before shipping it? I want to put ernie ball not even slinky strings on it, unless someone else has another suggestion? Also, I play in drop-C 90% of the time, so, what would I need to tell the person adjusting the action, aside from that? I'm not too experienced with set-up and repair. Is there any other adjustments I should have the person setting it up make on the guitar aside from the new strings and action adjustments?

Thanks

Edit:
I found
http://www.poweralley.com/Buy%20ESP%20VIPER-400%20Guitar.htm

Can anyone tell me if they are good? The site looks kind of...non-professional. Guess that has nothing to do with the guitar though.
Last edited by Airescape at Sep 28, 2008,
Let me warn you about the neck diving before you get it. Its very bad.

I love that guitar, the neckdive is the only flaw IMO.

Back on topic, i do not know of any websites that will do that for you. But that are some of the essential, simplest things to do on your guitar. With the design of the bridge, theres only 2 screws to worry about when adjusting action, pretty self explanatory. You should be able to do these on your own, seeing as they are extremely simple. If you would like some help just leave a post here or pm me.
Quote by Wylde_Man
Let me warn you about the neck diving before you get it. Its very bad.

I love that guitar, the neckdive is the only flaw IMO.

Back on topic, i do not know of any websites that will do that for you. But that are some of the essential, simplest things to do on your guitar. With the design of the bridge, theres only 2 screws to worry about when adjusting action, pretty self explanatory. You should be able to do these on your own, seeing as they are extremely simple. If you would like some help just leave a post here or pm me.

i agree that everyone should know how to set their own guitars up, but doesn't it seem like a waste for online guitar shops to ship with a standard setup when the buyer doesn't want that? they already have guitar techs inspecting, why not save a pack of 9s and set it up like the guy wants?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
^I don't know any site that sets up the guitar right after you put in your order. I would think that the guitars are set up right from the factory and that's how you recieve the item.

Other than that, you should learn to maintain your own guitars/gear. Not only will it save you money, but it will get done alot faster than having a local tech doing everything for you. Your best bet is to place an order for the guitar you want, along with the strings you want, and learn to do it yourself when it arrives. It really isn't that hard once you get use to doing it. The only thing I was ever concerned about was the truss rod adjusting, but after doing it a few times I no longer have any concerns about it. I have yet to take my guitar to get setup by a tech, because all the tech work around my area really isn't that good.

Aside from the guitar setup topic, they're LTD's, not ESP's.
Quote by caraluzzo
^I don't know any site that sets up the guitar right after you put in your order. I would think that the guitars are set up right from the factory and that's how you recieve the item.

Other than that, you should learn to maintain your own guitars/gear. Not only will it save you money, but it will get done alot faster than having a local tech doing everything for you. Your best bet is to place an order for the guitar you want, along with the strings you want, and learn to do it yourself when it arrives. It really isn't that hard once you get use to doing it. The only thing I was ever concerned about was the truss rod adjusting, but after doing it a few times I no longer have any concerns about it. I have yet to take my guitar to get setup by a tech, because all the tech work around my area really isn't that good.

Aside from the guitar setup topic, they're LTD's, not ESP's.

I have no problem with learning to maintain it. I just need someone to show me. I've tried learning how to make adjustments from videos, and that just confuses me more, which is why I want to have it done by them before hand.

I'm kind of afraid if I order one online, it won't be like the one I played at Sam ash.

Anyone have experience dealing with http://www.americanmusical.com?