I just got the new album today and I gotta say they've changed A LOT. In a good way.

I was just chillin' out listening to the 2nd track and about 1 minute into the song I noticed the vocals sounded a hint like Rob Halford. I was like Whoa... That's pretty cool that they're adding more instead of straight death vocals (which I'm fine with, but using various singing styles is more original in my opinion).

Another thing that amazed me was in the 6th track, Memories of a Glass Sanctuary, the whole entire song has clean vocals which reminds me a lot of Opeth. By clean vocals I don't mean all that Green Day and homo-singing type stuff.
Yeah, they added some Falcetoes (but only in that song). I like a couple of the songs, and I don't mind the instrumentals, but for the most part I don't like it as much as the previous. Interestingly enough I heard this album before I heard that one.

While the older one has forced breakdowns and just stop and start, the new one has songs that just feel like long breakdowns and riffs that don't go anywhere. I prefer their melodeath riffage and blasting beats.

While the new album has songs that seem to be more experimental and different, I feel the older songs were overall written better.
This cd has grown on me alot since its release, and is now one of my favourite cds. I usually get pissed when bands add clean vocals to a new album, but they fit very well with the music so it doesn't bother me. The guitar playing is insane too, Chris and Ben showcase there skill through out the album.

This should probably be taken to the All Shall Perish thread though.
Quote by technicolour

While the new album has songs that seem to be more experimental and different, I feel the older songs were overall written better.

Bingo.
All Shall Perish is a deathcore band and does not belong here...it also doesn't help that I hate Deathcore, but....nevertheless, get this thread out of here, take it to the "hardcore" forum...**** I hate that word.
Quote by Eric 666
All Shall Perish is a deathcore band and does not belong here...it also doesn't help that I hate Deathcore, but....nevertheless, get this thread out of here, take it to the "hardcore" forum...**** I hate that word.

nope. Deathcore, in the metal forum, can go.
Quote by Eric 666

Quote by unfathomable_bo
So called "Deathcore"
Many regulars to this forum like to use this term to poop on mostly American bands who play a variation of the US slam style death metal but containing hardcore influenced breakdowns. The rules on this forum are strict enough already without us mods having to close Waking the Cadaver, Suicide Silence and numerous other band threads, these bands are more than welcome here, in fact I'd encourage some open-mindedness amongst you lot.

While I disagree that deathcore isn't a genre, his point remains.
anything with -core in it...doesn't really belong in here, but alright, if the mods say its alright...well, I can't do much about it. Have fun.
black gold reign is an amazing song. love it.
F' IT
(whats the worst that could happen)
Quote by Eric 666
anything with -core in it...doesn't really belong in here, but alright, if the mods say its alright...well, I can't do much about it. Have fun.

You just contradicted yourself and came across as an ignorant dick.
Work on that.
Quote by Eric 666

For the last time, deathcore is allowed in here. This should be taken to the ASP thread though.
Quote by Magero
You just contradicted yourself and came across as an ignorant dick.
Work on that.

Well God forbid I have an opinion that's biased because I hate their sound and the whole genre in general. How is my statement contradictory...I scanned it again and I seriously know what you find contradictory about it.
Quote by Eric 666
Well God forbid I have an opinion that's biased because I hate their sound and the whole genre in general. How is my statement contradictory...I scanned it again and I seriously know what you find contradictory about it.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that they don't belong here. This should go in their own thread though.

And, I have only heard a couple of songs from the new album. They weren't bad, but I get the feeling that it isn't as good as The Price of Existence.
Quote by IronMaiden5
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that they don't belong here. This should go in their own thread though.

And, I have only heard a couple of songs from the new album. They weren't bad, but I get the feeling that it isn't as good as The Price of Existence.

Well I believe they belong in the Hardcore forum but that's just my my opinion, and I stated that in my original post. It also doesn't help that its my ex-lead singer's (who had Axl Rose disease) favorite band, but again, its all opinions. But I thought that all bands that weren't grindcore should go in the hardcore forum? Whats this suddent change of heart?
Deathcore has been "allowed" in the metal forum ever since the new rec thread was drawn up. Possibly before that.

You show amazing ignorance by claiming that all deathcore should be moved. Have you ever listened to one deathcore band that isn't Waking the Cadaver or Job For A Cowboy? Even then, it's not fucking rocket science, it's metal, not fucking screamo or some gay pop punk, you twat.
Even though it has been clarified, bands like ASP have much more in common with "true metal" than any "true hardcore" band. Breakdown =/= hardcore
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Quote by Magero
Deathcore has been "allowed" in the metal forum ever since the new rec thread was drawn up. Possibly before that.

You show amazing ignorance by claiming that all deathcore should be moved. Have you ever listened to one deathcore band that isn't Waking the Cadaver or Job For A Cowboy? Even then, it's not fucking rocket science, it's metal, not fucking screamo or some gay pop punk, you twat.

ok now you're just throwing random fucking insults around and you're being a fucking douchebag, I've listened to deathcore, I've tried to get into it, but I dont like it. Here's a couple that i've listened to, and I gotta tell you, it all essentially sounds the same to me, and it has that metalcore flair to it which makes it even more generic.

All Shall Perish (obviously)
Bring Me The Horizon
Animosity (which I thought this video was an absolute joke)
As Blood Runs Black
Suicide Silence
Rose Funeral
Carnifex
I Killed The Prom Queen's later works

among with various others that my best friend Vince has tried to get me into, I dont like it, and I will voice my opinion, so stop assuming that I'm an ignorant fuck just because I dont like the same kind of music you like, that makes you look like douche and because I personally think 36 breakdowns in the first 30 seconds of a song aren't appealing to me (this is an exaggeration but you get my point).
Quote by Magero
There is a difference between disliking something and stating that it "isn't metal" because of it.

I never stated that, I just thought it belonged in the hardcore forum with all the metalcore bands, sorry I dont read the rec thread very much.