Even though everybody on this site is extremely biased, I'd like you to read my english paper and give me some tips or just rip on it if you like. The topic: Why you should learn to play the guitar. (3 Reasons why, I don't need more )

For those who haven’t played a guitar before, just looking at one can be intimidating; with the odds and ends of strings, frets, knobs and buttons. A guitarist, though, could tell you some of the great things they learned after they picked up their first “axe.” Some of these might be the wide variety of songs where a guitar can be heard. This means that there are many options for a beginner if they want to start learning songs. Some songwriters that wrote songs before they learned to play guitar would say that once they’ve nailed a few chords, mixing in some original lyrics on top of those is a great new way to bring out the creativity within. There are also a plethora of people who are already guitarists and would be willing to help out with those first few tough chords and scales. Though a guitar may look complex, there are many reasons why it is a great instrument to pick up and learn.

Most people, when they turn on their radio, will usually hear a song where a guitar (delicately or distinctly) can be heard. A great reason to give the guitar a try is the vast amount of songs one can learn. With all of these works of music by talented guitar players out there, there is always room for improvement and there is ALWAYS a neat riff worth learning. Half of the mainstream songs loved by so many people today are based on a few simple chords! Why not give them a shot, and then proceed to learn the more creative works of the indie rock world? Obviously, with the infinite amount of guitar-based compositions out there, your axe will keep you occupied.

Many non-guitarist songwriters could benefit from learning to play as well. From those first few open chords that are strummed, endless melodies may be thought of. All those lyricists that pick up a guitar will fall in love with the fact that their ideas will flow freely with any music that they may compose. Apparently, guitars and songwriters combined make a perfect match.

When stumped by a tough scale or difficult chord, always remember that loads of people are either beginning to learn the guitar also, or they can already play very well with ease. Help, therefore, is usually available when needed. Every rock star started at one point: learning to play. Most any beginner can find help from watching a well known lead guitarist as well. Evidently, it is not impossible to find some assistance when a dilemma is faced.

Clearly, there are quite a few benefits from learning to play guitar. An axe can unleash one’s personal song arsenal, inspire a deep creativity in anybody, and of course if dire help is needed, many people already play guitar and could lend a few pointers. So, past the maze of strings and array of chords and scales, lies an instrument that is both fun and rewarding to discover.

Thank you all very much.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by alaub1491
Its alright. Alot of your phrasing is kind of confusing and some of your flow could be improved, but otherwise its not terrible.

yes. I kinda got lost in some areas but I have a short attention span, so whatever.
It's alright. Try using some more rhetorical devices, as teachers love that stuff. Use more personal pronouns ('you'), which directly involve the reader and make it more personal to them. Rule of three. Rhetorical questions. Brush up on the grammar and sentence construction.

Apart from that, it's pretty good.
I'd put it into a notepad document or something or you might get done for plagiarizing yourself on the net.

Inb4tl;dr
Quote by SmarterChild
It's alright. Try using some more rhetorical devices, as teachers love that stuff. Use more personal pronouns ('you'), which directly involve the reader and make it more personal to them. Rule of three. Rhetorical questions. Brush up on the grammar and sentence construction.

Apart from that, it's pretty good.

Thanks, but we were actually instructed to not use personal pronouns.

Any tips on my very first sentence with the semi-colon?
I'm really not sure how else to form that.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by hendrixfreak93
Thanks, but we were actually instructed to not use personal pronouns.

Any tips on my very first sentence with the semi-colon?
I'm really not sure how else to form that.

Bit stupid to be told to write a persuasive essay without using a very important persuasive rhetorical device.

Try it something like this: For those who have never played a guitar before, just looking at all the strings, frets and switches can be very intimidating.
its really pretty choppy... unless it hurts your length requirements, i'd go with the "if you can say it in only five words, say it in only five words" philisophy a little more. like where you say "help, therefore, is readily...." too choppy i'd go more. "because there's lots of guitarists, one can always find help." less choppy. but thats me
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
problem: you say that people benefit from playing guitar. and then you say one of those benefits is that people already playing guitar can help you. that only benefits a guitar player, not a non-guitar player. your paper is meant to tell people why playing guitar will improve their lives, but that last reason just doesn't apply. there are tons of other reasons for playing guitar i recommend finding another one
XU
Quote by Frankthetank999
problem: you say that people benefit from playing guitar. and then you say one of those benefits is that people already playing guitar can help you. that only benefits a guitar player, not a non-guitar player. your paper is meant to tell people why playing guitar will improve their lives, but that last reason just doesn't apply. there are tons of other reasons for playing guitar i recommend finding another one

Thats a great point. I think I was implying that if they learned to play, they would have other people to help them out if they're stuck. It's sort of like: Q: Why should you learn?
A: Because there are others who can relate to your position and will try to help you out.

I guess I could find a better reason though.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares