Page 1 of 2
woo! well i have made a couple threads recntly regarding my mesa mark III and how it doesnt really have a good tone for the stuff my band is playing. well today i found a solution...and 80 bucks. haha

a guy on craigslist was after a tube amp with good cleans and wanted to sell his line 6 spider. i figured the spider would give me a better metal tone so i decided to trade him. so today i drove to the student union at LSU and traded the guy. we also agreed he would giv eme 80 dollars with his amp because a mesa is worth a tad bit more than a line 6 lawlz. anyway, heres some picz of mah new Br00t4L liNe 6 sPiDeR!

and tEh cashzorz
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Wait.......
That's a Spider?
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Either this is the greatest joke ever, or the TS is the biggest retard ever.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777

dude, that p.o.s peavey doesn't have an insane channel on it. you got ripped off.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Are you seriously doubting the funny of this thread?

EDIT: to necro guy
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
i almost fell for it for a second, good stuff. i remember this one thread where this guy said he ordered a krank pedal, then he showed pictures of him like trying to step on a rev. jr. half-stack. it was funny
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
What?
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
You could have got an MG on an even trade, you idiot!!!

Nice job - does it get the tones your looking for?
Quote by UnsignedRecords
dude, that p.o.s peavey doesn't have an insane channel on it. you got ripped off.

periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Anywho, wherz teh clipz?
I didn't get the joke because I saw the pics before I started reading the thing... nice find!
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
im glad all.....err.....most of you got the joke. i was gonna leave out the pictures but then i figured id get flamed til my comp crashed hahaha. but yeah this amp is insane. its so brutal and tight compared to the mesa. i love it. and the low end is so thick. it also has "enough gain to choke a horse," as my friend put it. oh and that same friend heard me play the new amp for like 2 minutes and is now selling like 3 amps, a cab, and a guitar to buy a 5150 hahaha.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Necrophagist777

I R TARDED! HYUCK HYUCK!

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Awesome. Congrats, dude.

My ex-bandmate had the exact same head, but lost it to a pawnshop over drugs and sh**! I cry a little inside everytime I think about it.

Have fun!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
I hope you like it 8 months from now. Quite a few people like them a lot at first then don't later.

My advice is to get an OD to tighten things up a bit more and smooth it out a bit, I got great results doing that.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Nice, I totally fell for it. Nice find, glad you found an amp that works for you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by InanezGuitars44
I R TARDED! HYUCK HYUCK!

Nice find bro, I don't know why i so thick as to not get the joke.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I almost cried.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I almost cried.

That's how I felt. I think if you actually traded it for a spider + 80 bucks the world would've been sucked into a black hole.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You only got 80 bucks extra for the Mark III? I would have thought it was worth more than that.

Nice grab though!

Well, MKIII heads go for about 700, so it's almost even.

Almost.

He gave the guy a good deal.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You only got 80 bucks extra for the Mark III? I would have thought it was worth more than that.

Nice grab though!

well i bought it for 650 and the guy was selling his 5150 for 600. he said the tubes were really old so i asked if he would throw in 75 so i could put it towards new tubes. i guess he didnt have any 5s around, because he gave me 80 bucks hahaha. and the mark iii was an old old old black stripe with no reverb or eq. basically the lowest end mark iii you could possibly get. sounded great though. just not near as powerful of a tone as this 5150.

and kevin is right, the world would have ended right there hahahaha.

and its a bummer about the no insane channel thing lawlz, but i guess ill have to settle for the stupid 5150 lead channel...

oh and keep this thread alive with lulz, praise, and congratulations, or else NO CLIPZ!

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44

oh and keep this thread alive with lulz, praise, and congratulations, or else NO CLIPZ!

Lulz?

Check.

Praise?

check

Congratulations?

Check.

Now where are my clipz?
ok here is the clipz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4

ok i dont have clipz...

but ill record some tomorrow. i cant turn up the amp loud since its 10:30

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i scrolled down for pics first. i thought everyone looks at pics before reading and if there is no pic no reading is done.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
i scrolled down for pics first. i thought everyone looks at pics before reading and if there is no pic no reading is done.

yeah i figured most people would do that, but i still got mah lulz

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I read half way thinking NOOOO!!!!

Anyways, hope you like it, 5150's have too much gain for their own good, but I loves mine , what speakers are in your mesa cab? v30's?
My jaw actually dropped while I read the TS post...

Then i saw the picture and this huge wave of relief swept over me...

But seriously, your amp doesn't even have on board effects...

EDIT: I don't know much about Mesa... is the "insane" channel switch on the back or something?

That doesn't seem too practical during a live situation... which is what Spyders were made for.
Quote by roshjosh
My jaw actually dropped while I read the TS post...

Then i saw the picture and this huge wave of relief swept over me...

But seriously, your amp doesn't even have on board effects...

EDIT: I don't know much about Mesa... is the "insane" channel switch on the back or something?

That doesn't seem too practical during a live situation... which is what Spyders were made for.

You best be joking.
Quote by roshjosh
Well, an amp with on board effects is obviously better than one without because it has more variety, right?

I agree completely.
What if its just a really bad amp with thousands of effects built in?

If the amp sounds like shit, I mean this is a horrible sounding amp but it has 1000 effects built in, its better than any amazing sounding amp with no built in effects? Thats just retarded.

I see where your coming from though, with built in effects you can get different sounds with more variety
Quote by Final !mpact
What if its just a really bad amp with thousands of effects built in?

If the amp sounds like shit, I mean this is a horrible sounding amp but it has 1000 effects built in, its better than any amazing sounding amp with no built in effects? Thats just retarded.

I see where your coming from though, with built in effects you can get different sounds with more variety

I was being completely sarcastic...

Granted I do want amps that come with a reverb tank... It just makes life easier.

Plus I do want an amp with an INSANE CHANNEL
Quote by roshjosh
I was being completely sarcastic...

Granted I do want amps that come with a reverb tank... It just makes life easier.

Plus I do want an amp with an INSANE CHANNEL

Sarcasm on the internet doesn't work and now i feel like an idiot

SpIdErS iz METULZ
Page 1 of 2