It's not done yet, but I would like some critique on what I've written so far

I will C4C, just gimme a link to your material.
Attachments:
Banjo Song.zip
Last edited by HWFG1 at Sep 28, 2008,
You didn't really use the banjo to it's full potential - that could have been done on any instrument :\

Cmon, put in some fast fingerpicking, some dominant 7th chords, some bluesy chromaticism

Apart from that, i didn't really like the rest of the song either :| was kind of bland, spice it up a little, maybe make it faster, or use some exotic scales

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=968897
wat.
Yea, its a cool intro, but kinda repetitive. Change the banjo parts a bit, as in, add in some more notes maybe but keep the tempo that its at, b/c I think it sounds cool. As RPGoof pointed out it does sound very much like it would make a cool metal intro.

The one suggestion I have is, add a ritardando (sp?) at the end, gradually slow it down for 4 bars or something and leave of the last note as a weird sounding chord and let the notes ring into whatever song is next, seeing as how I'm looking at this from an intro perspective.

Good job either way man, and thanks for critiquing my work too!
Quote by SsPunk
You didn't really use the banjo to it's full potential - that could have been done on any instrument :\

Cmon, put in some fast fingerpicking, some dominant 7th chords, some bluesy chromaticism

Sorry, not a banjo player. I just picked my Mom's up one day and fooled around on it for a bit. I'll listen to bit of music with banjo in it though for some inspiration, try and spice up the banjo a bit.

Quote by cptazad

The one suggestion I have is, add a ritardando (sp?) at the end, gradually slow it down for 4 bars or something and leave of the last note as a weird sounding chord and let the notes ring into whatever song is next, seeing as how I'm looking at this from an intro perspective.

You mean like so?
Attachments:
Banjo Song-Dark Hole.zip
Like other people said before, the banjo lacks a little bit.
Try improving it in Guitar Pro and then try to play it, try using fast fingerpicking and legatos, etc...

The guitar parts were not bad, I liked them, maybe if you added drums it would sound better.

Crit one of my songs?
Last one in sig...

Quote by SsPunk

Apart from that, i didn't really like the rest of the song either :| was kind of bland, spice it up a little, maybe make it faster, or use some exotic scales

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=968897

You like exotic scales don't you?
Quote by HWFG1
Sorry, not a banjo player. I just picked my Mom's up one day and fooled around on it for a bit. I'll listen to bit of music with banjo in it though for some inspiration, try and spice up the banjo a bit.

You mean like so?

That's the idea

here's my take of what I was trying to say (sorry, its hard for me to sometimes get my message across on a forum, music has to be heard to be understood =D)

Yup, one chord can make a difference after all haha
Attachments:
Banjo Song-Dark Hole2.zip