I am looking to build a passive distortion circuit, done anyone have a clue where to start?
Probably with clipping diodes

Pretty much just make a hard clipping circuit with 2 reversed diodes or sets of diodes between your signal and ground. It all depends on where you are using the said clipping circuit because you want to have it tuned to clip at a certain voltage depending on the source.
do a google search on "black ice" and/or "schottky diode" combined with the word "guitar"

but passive distortion sucks.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
i am pretty new to electronic modifications, does anyone know where i can get get a diagram?
okay so i found (with your help of course) that i will need to put skchotty diodes on a tone pot. i presume that i will be using 500K toning pots. where can i purchase the diodes that can be used with a 500K tone pot, and dose anyone have further info about i have to assemble the tone pots and the diodes?
Quote by CONTEMAN
okay so i found (with your help of course) that i will need to put skchotty diodes on a tone pot. i presume that i will be using 500K toning pots. where can i purchase the diodes that can be used with a 500K tone pot, and dose anyone have further info about i have to assemble the tone pots and the diodes?

Rat shack (radio shack) should have the diodes...
Quote by CONTEMAN
ok, so how do i make the circuit?

Remove the capacitor from your tone pot.

Stick the two diodes on there i parallel.
Quote by Invader Jim
I doubt Radio Smack will have Schottky diodes. Their parts selection is an epic fail.

Being an Australian i have no idea where you can buy parts. If Rat Shack doesnt have it you could buy online.
the only thing to remember is shipping. But the black ice mod is pretty cool. It kills a bit of volume, but it adds some nice blusy growl on a clean channel of an amp. Doesnt seem to do much on the gain channel of an amp. At least mine doesn't lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by Invader Jim
I doubt Radio Smack will have Schottky diodes. Their parts selection is an epic fail.

Radio Shack has never had anything I needed.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.