hey guys.

i was jammin with my mate yesterday on our band project, i wrote this clean part that he thought was pretty awesome.

it got me thinking, i wanna step it up - as in my clean playing and composition

basically i'm asking what artists i should get into for really out there stuff- the best acoustic guitar players on the planet

acoustic only! that's why i posted in this thread! i'll happily move it if ppl think i should put this in artists forum. cheers!!!
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
well i'd start with "eric clapton: unplugged" try transcribing some of those songs
I have moved it to Musician's Talk. You'll probably get better answers in here.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
thanks captivate
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
One of my favourite acoustic players is Tommy Emanuel
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
One of my favourite acoustic players is Tommy Emanuel

+1. Martin Taylor also.

Those styles are, in a way, a cut above the rest cuz these guys are playing bass, rhythm and melody simultaneously. If you wanna take up fingerstyle then good luck.

Quote by Wiggly
well i'd start with "eric clapton: unplugged" try transcribing some of those songs

This is the best advice imo.
+1 to Tommy Emmanuel

I really like Michael Hedges. Also check out some guys on youtube there's alot of guys I hadn't heard of before but now can't stop listening:

Don Ross
Antoine Defour
Erik Mongrain, and loads of others
earl kluge's work with bob james is very "clean" and top of the line...if you want some "un real" acoustic playing...john mclaughlin/al dimiola are two that come to mind .. intense speed with diamond precision and clarity...

another view...try doc watson...some say "country"...but doc was beyond lables...give a listen and prepare to be breathless...

play well

wolf
Al DiMeola
Paco De Lucia
John McLaughlin
Cristophe Godin
Erik Mongrain
Kaki King
Andy McKee
those come to mind...
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
Some people might shoot me for saying this but i think one of the most creative and original acoustic players is newton faulkner although as much as i enjoy acoustic playing i dont listen to many acoustic-only players if you get me.
Tim Reynolds
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by Freepower
^ that list, with Tommy Emmanuel at the top.

Steve Vai said that if there was a best guitarist in the world, he would think Tommy was.

Really, that's a hell of a compliment and deserved too. Even Tommy's electric playing was great, as a matter of fact he's still among my fav electric players too.
Kaki king is pretty intense, she has a pretty out there style but its cool and im not really into acoustic stuff thats all i can say.