Basically, I love garage band. We use it in my Songwriting class at school and I just love it. I know it can't be run on a pc, so I was wondering if I could get a mac os to work on my pc so I have xp and the mac os, so I can run garage band when I need to. So I'm coming to the pit for help.
Feed your mind.
You can't use a similar program for Windows?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
yes you can, youtube the tutorial, mac osx leopard is worth 100 bucks though
macs and pc's are two COMPLETELY different things my friend.

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
Trying to run Mac OSX on a PC is BAD IDEA. You're better off buying a Mac and installing Windows on it if you want the best of both worlds.

Mac > PC
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
mac refers to the apple hardware whereas pc refers to a computer that is using windows while it technically means personal computer so macs would be a pc also. yes if you buy the mac OS it can be installed. google "dual booting mac osx and xp with xp installed first" will help you greatly.
Quote by kaybee

Ever hear of dual booting?
It's not worth it just buy a mac or get acoustica mixcraft its as close as you'll get to garageband with a pc.
there's a program to run mac as a program in windows, and then u could run it through there. can't remember the name though...
Quote by K Dizzle
there's a program to run mac as a program in windows, and then u could run it through there. can't remember the name though...

Sun's VirtualBox, VMWare, PearPC, etc. I don't recommend using OS X in a virtual desktop as it runs very slow and in some cases will only install and won't boot. I would recommend using this as a way to get familiar with the installation process so you don't screw up your partitions when installing it on a dedicated partition on your hard drive.
You have to trick the BIOS into thinking that it has mac hardware installed.
Good Luck
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
you could run it virtually...(no) or just install it "normally" on your hard drive. But doing so requires a cracked version of MAC OS. It's also against Apple's EULA (Who cares)
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
Quote by jake_1234
You have to trick the BIOS into thinking that it has mac hardware installed.
Good Luck

No... You just repartition your hard drive to include an HFS+ partition and boot the installation disc. Then you chainload Darwin using the bootloader of your choice; GRUB, BCD, etc.
Quote by acersucks
Sun's VirtualBox, VMWare, PearPC, etc. I don't recommend using OS X in a virtual desktop as it runs very slow and in some cases will only install and won't boot. I would recommend using this as a way to get familiar with the installation process so you don't screw up your partitions when installing it on a dedicated partition on your hard drive.

Whoa... does it say LOL WUT?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by panterarocker
Once again if the only reason you want a Mac os is for garageband just get http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/ it's close enough and easier than dual booting.

Off-topic - Holy shit, I forgot all about that! *points to your sig*
PC = Personal Computer
A Mac can be a PC

I hate that Windows commercials are utilizing the PC stuff now
(though I love how they rank on the Mac commercials
"I'm a PC, yet I don't wear a business suit.")
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by acersucks
Off-topic - Holy shit, I forgot all about that! *points to your sig*

Haha yeah I've been considering taking it out but I've been to lazy.
Quote by panterarocker
Haha yeah I've been considering taking it out but I've been to lazy.

Yes, do so - we wouldn't want anyone to be seeing that now would we...?
You can, but you better pray that you're lucky because modded OSX such as Kalyway, iATKOS, osx86, etc, all have very limited hardware compatibility and support. Chances are that something is not going to work. Not to mention that most of these modded OSX's are "trials" with limited features and don't come with Garageband/iLife.

Garageband is an entry level program. You're better off just getting a real sound production software instead of spending hours and hours trying to get one of these mods to work.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by kaybee

False.

There are clones, similar applications, and, not only that, you can run OS X on a Windows machine, and you can run Windows on a Mac.

Welcome to two years ago in computers.
Quote by Xiaoxi
You can, but you better pray that you're lucky because modded OSX such as Kalyway, iATKOS, osx86, etc, all have very limited hardware compatibility and support. Chances are that something is not going to work. Not to mention that most of these modded OSX's are "trials" with limited features and don't come with Garageband/iLife.

Garageband is an entry level program. You're better off just getting a real sound production software instead of spending hours and hours trying to get one of these mods to work.

I was wondering when you'd enter this thread.
Quote by acersucks
I was wondering when you'd enter this thread.

I stayed on topic, too!

Amazing.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana