well i went to guitar center the other day and i was looking for an amp as a beginning guitar player and i went with the intention of purchasing a roland microcube. when i got there, the salesperson was trying to "hustle" me a spider but i told him i didn't want one and then he led me over to a vox DA5 which was similar to the microcube and he convinced me to buy one and i tested both amps out and i liked the DA5 so i was getting ready to buy that. just out of curiousity though, i asked how much the 15 watt kind was and he directed me over to a Valvetronix AD15VT-XL which was on sale for 170 and it was quite appealing so i ended up purchasing that with an additional 25 dollars off with a gift card GC had sent me. now i want to know if i had made the right decision and was it the best decision i could have made? there is still a 30 day money back guaranteee and my price range is 170 so if there are anything else i could look at then please tell me. the Vox i bought has a 10inch speaker which is very nice compared to the 5in of the microamps and the 8in of the regular 15watters. its seems good enough as a starting amp to me as i want to play alot of classic rock, hard rock, and metal.

so what do you guys think? thanks for helping out.
It's a nice amp and should do you fine, that is until the GAS kicks in and you want a full stack. I liked the cubes better for metal, but it ought to be fine for practice.

Happy new amp day to you sir.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yeh if your just beginning you dont need to be overly fussed
as long as it works and your happy with the sound go for it
have a great time with the amp
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Really? Valvetronixs are pretty well respected as practice amps. I think you made a good choice, I wouldn't get a micro amp unless I need to carry it around. And even then, I wouldn't buy one so complicated, my crush 3r is plenty for playing on the go.
haha thanks everyone.......to the guy above: well alot of people like the valvetronix regulars but not the XLs idk why.
O well, if you like it, good for you.
you made a good choice. those amps are great for practice. i actually had the 100 watt version for about a week, but it lost all its tone by the time it got to the level i needed it to be at. but for practice, its an amazing amp. i wish everyone could make a great choice like you did when starting out
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
well im just saying that as i turned it up it started lose the tone it had at low volumes. right now i have a peavey 5150 and the more i turn it up, the better it sounds. the vox sounded better up to a certain point, then started sounding worse. but id only worry about this if you would be gigging and playing with a band frequently.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣