MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
ya it kinda looks like a prs ibanez mix
YO

add my new prog rock band

myspace.com/musicofchon
PRS, from where schecter and Ibanez get their designs
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
haha true. I really like the way that guitar feels, but I just have the money for a higher end model b/c the body of that guitar is just glued ply wood. Which guitars have thinner necks, prs or ibanez?
Don't get me wrong here, I'm fine with ESP (in fact i'm thinking of getting one soon)...but what guitar HAVEN'T they copied?

haha so true man
YO

myspace.com/musicofchon
Quote by coxxy
I think Ibanez do, but I haven't played many PRS guitars, so I can't really judge :P

ya i think most ibanezes do
YO

myspace.com/musicofchon
they may copy but i love when i take out an 800 dollar esp eclipse and blow away the guy with the 3000 dollar gibson lp
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
I like to play a wide range of music from blues to rock to funk, but mainly funk b/c I lovethe red hot chili peppers. Which guitar would be better? And which set up, HSS, HSH, HH, SS; and remember this is only between esp, ibanez, or prs. so no strats lol.
Quote by stellar2187
I like to play a wide range of music from blues to rock to funk, but mainly funk b/c I lovethe red hot chili peppers. Which guitar would be better? And which set up, HSS, HSH, HH, SS; and remember this is only between esp, ibanez, or prs. so no strats lol.

go prs cuz most esp and ibanez i play are made to be heavy
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
Quote by ESPplayer6
go prs cuz most esp and ibanez i play are made to be heavy

Many people believes that ESP only makes metal guitars annoys me, same for Ibanez, in Ibanez you got the Jet King, the Gax, the AX series which also are pretty versatile. ESP have other guitars without emg's as well, with seymour duncans in them instead which are very versatile. And great guitars for the money, an LTD is closer to an ESP than what some Epiphone is to Gibson.
Quote by stellar2187

If you are low in budget go for the Ibanez Jet King! If u wanna spend some more PRS indeed, or an ESP depending on which ESP/LTD. Instead of a strat there is the Fender Telecaster Custom/Deluxes with humbuckers (I want one)

here's a video...well a bunch I found around the net.

Jet King:

Jimmy Ågren has a good amp though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MddKAK7unl4
Quote by ESPplayer6
they may copy but i love when i take out an 800 dollar esp eclipse and blow away the guy with the 3000 dollar gibson lp

HELL YEAH! Well said my friend!
Quote by coxxy
I agree with lilmario, it looks like either a PRS or an Ibanez SA with a different headstock.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm fine with ESP (in fact i'm thinking of getting one soon)...but what guitar HAVEN'T they copied?

Jackson's Rhoads model.

Oh wait...
/sarcasm
I'm not sure what brand of guitar to get, cos all three have some very different guitars. Don't necessarily rule out a guitar purely because of it's brand.

As for the pickup dillema, since you're into RHCP I'd say go for either HSS or HSH. That way you can get the same single coil sound Frusciante gets, and you'll still have the option of a Humbucker for when you feel like it.
Quote by ESPplayer6

I've yet to see that happen.
Quote by stellar2187
Awesome thanks for all the feedback. What's a good guitar that has a HSS or HSH set up for around $500?? Preferable something with a thin neck and a shorter scale if possible.

This seems almost perfect but it's a HH set up:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Paul-Reed-Smith-SE-Paul-Allender-Electric-Guitar-514471-i1376115.gc

could I just get it coil tapped?

I can't think of any guitars off the top of my head, but that PRS model looks like a good one. Have you checked out your local guitar shops to see if they have it? If they do then check it out, see if you can get the sounds you want out of it. Otherwise google some of the specs you want in the guitar, it may bring up something just as good/maybe even better.

I'm not sure about the coil tapping, I'd assume it'd work fine (don't take my word for it though!).

Sorry I can't give more definite answers lol.
Quote by SenorSmiley
I've yet to see that happen.

Oh, well, I just wanted to share this with you since you're saying such a thing, I am not saying that Gibson guitars suck, but ESP LTD models have many great models which gives you a shitload for the $$$ compared to an EXPENSIVE Gibson for may much more $$$ especially if one is low in cash and can't afford a real ESP or Gibson ect. You also have the brand thing in the picture here.

Here is James Hetfield playing an ESP LTD EC-400 AT. And I am sure he can choose whatever guitar he wants to play. He has also played other cheaper LTD's live in the past, so duh and so has Kirk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m2b_Qle1Xw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NveDFkl4uHs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BheGJq8y6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx9Y1IJOu3A (he's playing it here during the "Breadfan" jam).

Peace out bro, RESPECT.
yeah its just another superstrat. There are jacksons, ibenezs, schecters that all look basically the same as that.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Of all the things I could say abouth the Horizon shape; ESP copying PRS is not one of them.

They're lines are NOT similar save for having an Arch-top, unless of course you want to tell me that PRS guitars are superstrats now (And yes there is a difference between a superstrat and a double-cut).

Also, the Horizon shape has been available from ESP since the early eighties. I'd be hard pressed to call it a copy of anything. Its nothing more than an arch-top superstrat, but until someone shows me contradicting evidence, I'm going to say others have copied a design ESP made popular.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
What would prevent a guitar from being coil tapped? Am I better off just getting a HSS or HSH guitar right off the bat? And lastly can anyone share their experiences with a wide-thin neck? I was considering that style of neck b/c my fingers are fat and I figured it'd help.
Quote by edusty2010
Looks like about 60% of super strats to me...

yep

its the 3/3 headstock that throws you off
Quote by stellar2187
What would prevent a guitar from being coil tapped?...
Pickup design.

To split coils you need access to each coil which means you need north and south wires from each coil. Some pickups simply are not wired this way.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Would it be possible to just replace the pickups with ones that can be coil tapped?
Quote by stellar2187
Would it be possible to just replace the pickups with ones that can be coil tapped?

yes