Poll Options
View poll results: Which controller?
The original strum bar
14 48%
The new strings
15 52%
Voters: 29.
Page 1 of 2
So yesterday I had the idea of Guitar Hero: Acoustic Hits. Some people didn’t seem to like it very much and said finger picking would be cooler. So I modified the controller picture and it would have 6 wires (strings) the first five colored to match the frets (G, R, Y, B, O) and then a grey one that would be another strum string for when there isn’t finger picking. The idea would be to have the notes come down and you would play the frets and pluck the “strings” like you would usually do with the strum bar. Here’s a pic of the new controller. And yes it still has an acoustic whammy bar. Also, the strings would be on a revolving “sound hole” that you could turn for lefty flip. The guitar would also come with a pick to use on the grey string. And for the Chord Tier you can strum all the strings like a real guitar.

EDIT: I made a poll for the type of guitar controller cuz i've been getting different opinions from people about which is better. (personally i like the original strum bar one. i just made the other one because some people were like, "How would you fingerpick?" "This would be better if you could fingerpick")

Original

New one

Here’s the setlist:

1. Chords Pt. 1
Collide - Howie Day
All I Can Do Is Write About It (Acoustic) - Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Best of My Love - The Eagles
Show Me The Way - Peter Frampton
Free Fallin’ - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

2. Picking Pt. 1
Is There Anybody Out There? - Pink Floyd
Tea & Theatre - The Who
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
Lola - The Kinks
All Apologies (Acoustic) - Nirvana

3. Chords Pt. 2
A Horse With No Name - America
Magic Bus - The Who
Space Oddity - David Bowie
Working Class Hero - John Lennon
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

4. Picking Pt. 2
Angie - The Rolling Stones
Patience - Guns N’ Roses
My Friends - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Change the World - Eric Clapton
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day

5. Chords Pt. 3
Blackbird - The Beatles
How to Eat an Avalanche - Don Ross
You Can’t Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones
Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
Touch, Peel, and Stand - Days of the New

6. Picking Pt. 3
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Soldier of Fortune - Deep Purple
Mama, I’m Comin’ Home - Ozzy Osbourne
Classical Gas - Tommy Emmanuel
Scarified (Acoustic) - Paul Gilbert

Bonus Songs
Layla (Acoustic) - Eric Clapton
Come As You Are (Acoustic) - Nirvana
Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones
Wonderwall - Oasis

Please. If you don't like this idea, they just go away. But if you do actually think this would be kinda neat, feel free to add to the bonus song list. BTW i do play real guitar, I'm quite good at it, i don't even own Guitar Hero, I just play for fun when I go to peoples' houses who do have it. Guitar is waaaaaaaaay better by far. But i do play both. And yes I know acoustics don't have a whammy bar, IT'S JUST THE CONTROLLER!
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Last edited by classicrockboy at Sep 30, 2008,
i like that idea but the setlist could be modified and/or tweaked a bit
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
why is there a whammy bar and nobs
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Add Some Andy Mckee!!!
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by jonnyrotten45
why is there a whammy bar and nobs

You need a nobs cause there the pause and back buttons and you need a whammy bar for star power bonus.
This is way too complex for Guitar Hero. Normally I find the "why don't you play a real guitar?" argument stupid, but in this case it might apply.
Oh Shit!
Quote by tonedeafidiot
You need a nobs cause there the pause and back buttons and you need a whammy bar for star power bonus.

dude that was supposed to be a joke, i know why theyre there
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
that sounds pretty awesome, +1 to Wonderwall, but I think that it would be way too hard to configure
That whammy bar is awesome

It would be nice for the older folk out there though

Kid:" OMGZ JORDAN ON EXPERTZ"

grandfather: "Big deal i just finished fusions by eric mongrain"

Kid:

Grandfather: Yeeeeeeeeeeah...........
I do like your setlist, not necessarily that I love every song on it, but it does follow the Guitar Hero setlist pattern if you know what I mean.
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
How come you made another thread.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
i think scarified should be on bonus just to chanllenge the dudes.

also, it would be cool to include hog bitch stomp by buckethead.

and the classical piece asturias(leyenda) by albeniz as a bonus too. check it. its great
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6Ai bet no one could do it on expert. or not many. that way kids wouldnt be like "OMG I BAET TEH JOHRADNZZ ON XXPRERT"
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 28, 2008,

I'm guessing most of the people who are making comments on this idea have never played the guitar hero before and you think that this will "at least make the game a challenge." No. No no no no no. No.

It's hard enough keeping up with the five buttons. But SIX strings on top of that? That is insane!

And before anyone goes off like, "Well, I've never played but I know you suck if you think 5 frets are a challenge," here's a list of people who consider guitar hero harder.

The entirety of Metallica
Trent Reznor
Dave Mustaine
Herman Li
Last edited by tonedeafidiot at Sep 28, 2008,
Quote by tonedeafidiot

I'm guessing most of the people who are making comments on this idea have never played the game before and you think that this will make the game "at least a challenge." No. No no no no no. No.

It's hard enough keeping up with the five buttons. But SIX strings on top of that? That is insane!

And before anyone goes off like, "Well, I've never played but I know you suck if you think 5 frets are a challenge," here's a list of people who consider guitar hero harder.

Trent Reznor
Dave Mustaine
Herman Li

Also, Tom Morello, Slash (I think), and Steve Jones (Again, I think).
Quote by tonedeafidiot

I'm guessing most of the people who are making comments on this idea have never played the guitar hero before and you think that this will "at least make the game a challenge." No. No no no no no. No.

Trent Reznor
Dave Mustaine
Herman Li

That's affirmative soldier. It would be like playing guitar, and not knowing what you have to play 5 seconds before you have to play it, and you can't improvise.
The only reason guitar hero is possible is because it is only 5 frets.
In the case of that idea it would actually be better to just buy a real guitar, and i'm an avid player of guitar hero
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Yeahh, I like the Idea, maybe change the setlist a bit and maybe add-
Carmelita-Warren Zevon,
Melissa-Allman Bros.
Zebra-John Butler.
Here Come's The Sun-The Beatles
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright-Bob Dylan.
Hotel California-The Eagles.
Eleanor-JET
Emily - From First to Last
hey there deililah - plain white tee's
Everlong (acoustic) - Foo Fighters
hurt - Johnny Cash
Every time i look at you - KISS
Forever - KISS
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Quote by tonedeafidiot

Trent Reznor
Dave Mustaine
Herman Li

dude, its a game, dont cry. and this isnt even a game, it's a thread about an imaginary game and what would you like on it if once it bacame real (as if a corporate videogame maker read this thread)

and, have you noticed that guitarrists find guitar hero harder than non guitarists, because we have developed a different association with notes, that involves strings and other stuff rather than buttons.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

haha this is one of the goofiest ideas ive ever heard of! i like it, i like it alot! i say print this out after it gets like 5 pages worth of stuff then print it out, go up to activision and wave it in their faces and say HERE! THE PIT wishs it so, now make it so.
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by ldnovelo
dude, its a game, dont cry. and this isnt even a game, it's a thread about an imaginary game and what would you like on it if once it bacame real (as if a corporate videogame maker read this thread)

They do read threads. That's how DragonForce got on GH3, cause the whiners on score hero kept on complaining that they wanted a song that was way harder than Jordan by Buckethead.
Quote by ldnovelo
dude, its a game, dont cry. and this isnt even a game, it's a thread about an imaginary game and what would you like on it if once it bacame real (as if a corporate videogame maker read THIS thread)
Quote by tonedeafidiot
They do read threads. That's how DragonForce got on GH3, cause the whiners on score hero kept on complaining that they wanted a song that was way harder than Jordan by Buckethead.

I think I need to highlight the magic word for you, so I did. Read it in my own quote. If you still dont see it, here it comes again in supersize
THIS
This is just one forum, this is just one thread, made by one dude with a lot of imagination. Chances are no important dude will read it. And if someone actually does, this "game" would be too dificult to be profitable. People would just go and buy those cheap BestBuy or Amazon guitars instead of playing a game with strings. Simplicity is the important thing for guitar hero and that is lacking right here. Thats why games like Guitar Rising are designed to fail: they are too hard for the standard people, and too easy for the people who knows about what they're playing about. Guitar Rising is a Guitar Pro that gives you a sh*tty score, and it's an unpractical guitar teacher for Guitar Hero players and/or simple gamers.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by InvaderTSN
Also, Tom Morello, Slash (I think), and Steve Jones (Again, I think).

and Bret Micheals... but he's not really a human being

but I actually think guitar hero is harder as well. on real guitar I can play all of enter sandman, on rockband, I can't even play it on medium.

that's not to say that I prefer guitar hero over real guitar, real guitar is far superior. my point is that guitar hero really is a challenge.
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

______________________███████████████████
Wow you have a lot of time on your hands! Good job you used it wisely. I dig this idea; the setlist is the best Guitar Hero setlist I've ever seen, and it sounds like a good concept, although perhaps a tad hard
wow, i'm happy with all the relatively nice comments people have left. thanks guys!
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by tonedeafidiot

Trent Reznor
Dave Mustaine
Herman Li

Its probably harder for them because after getting used to playing one way, playing on a "watered-down" tiny guitar is extremely different, especially when there is almost no hand movement.
ITs the same way for rock band/. I play the drums so when my friends are playing their rock band drums and theyre better than me at it, it'sbecause its tough going from a lot of movement and space to a cramped 4 piece kit.
i kinda like the thought, but the whole "string" system sounds quite complex. I'm afraid an acoustic guitar hero wouldn't look like that.

I'm gonna go on ahead and keep on playing real guitar if we're going to be using the 6 string system

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by catchy phrase
This is way too complex for Guitar Hero. Normally I find the "why don't you play a real guitar?" argument stupid, but in this case it might apply.

this.
Needs some Zeppelin. Possibly Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, Going to California, Tangerine, or Gallows Pole.

Hotel California should be the last song.

Spanish Caravan by the Doors should be there.

And some Beatles.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Last edited by FloyDZeD at Sep 29, 2008,
Page 1 of 2