|-------------------------|-------------------------|
|9-9-9-7-7-7-12-12-|-9-9-9-7-7-7-12-12-|
|7-7-7-5-5-5-10-10-|-7-7-7-5-5-5-10-10-|
Thanks for the help. Up until this point i just usually was scared off when i saw this, but i figure now is as good a time to learn. What are these and how should i play them? mute it, fingerpick, or something else?
those my friend are called perfect octaves. i play them by fretting the lower note with my index finger and the higher with my ring finger, mute the middle string with your index finger.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
thats called octaves. theyre easy, dont worry

all you do is do your power chord form but with your pinky finger or whatever finger you use for the higher string and jump a string. it sounds good if you do cleanly. sounds like you have only been playin for a few months
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
these are called octave chords. both notes are the same just an octave apart. i'll use the first one as an example. use your index finger on the 7th fret, A string, and your ring finger on the 9th fret, G string. you would rest your index finger across the D string so it isn't heard
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
no i have been playing for a while, but it was mostly barre chords (dispatch, jack johnson) and such. Now i'm getting in heavier stuff, and am encountering things (such as this) that i have never seen before.

but thanks again it is greatly appreciated.
those my friend are called perfect octaves. i play them by fretting the lower note with my index finger and the higher with my ring finger, mute the middle string with your index finger.

+1