I love my pedals, but sometimes some of our songs have parts that change from a clean part with phaser and reverb for example to a part without reverb without phaser and instead distortion and wah. Its uncomfortable, but I have become used to it so thats no big deal, but still it came to my head maybe I should get perhaps a Line 6 Stompbox modeler, or a boss gt10.

Do you guys think I should keep my pedals, and then get a multiFX in addition.

or

Sell the pedals and get something like aboss GT10

or just keep buying the pedals I am missing which is a delay and a chorus. (EHX memory man, and electric mistress which does fllanger chorus)
No. Keep buying the pedals you need. Better quality and less unwanted rubbish.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
I just sold my PodXT Live to get single effects. It's a lot easier to adjust settings and overall sound quality is much better.

And you have some really nice EHX pedals. I'm pretty jealous.
Quote by PixieDust13
concurred the effect pedals dont sound all that great imo

What do you mean?

Anyways, what are the best cables to prevent signal loss. And also, are those expensive pedalboards worth the money? The one you see in the pic, I built myself.
Quote by Mecler
I just sold my PodXT Live to get single effects. It's a lot easier to adjust settings and overall sound quality is much better.

And you have some really nice EHX pedals. I'm pretty jealous.

Thanks.

EHX is my favorite brand. The weak link in there is the metal muff. Its a little harsh.
I see you like Electro Harmonix Pedals. Hell yeah.

Multi effects never sound as good as the separate ones, the only thing you might sonsider (might, because it's not really as big a deal as everyone says it is except when you start stacking pedals really deep) is making sure that all your pedals except one (ideally the first in the pedal chain) are true bypass.

Also I'm quite inerested in hearing how you built that pedal board. Does it have a "lid" that goes on to make it into a travel case?
Quote by Blaster Bob
I see you like Electro Harmonix Pedals. Hell yeah.

Multi effects never sound as good as the separate ones, the only thing you might sonsider (might, because it's not really as big a deal as everyone says it is except when you start stacking pedals really deep) is making sure that all your pedals except one (ideally the first in the pedal chain) are true bypass.

Also I'm quite inerested in hearing how you built that pedal board. Does it have a "lid" that goes on to make it into a travel case?

Well fortunately all of my pedals are 100% true bypass except for the ISP decimator which has a buffered bypass. And yes electro harmonix pedals are in my opinion the best in the market.

As for the Pedalboard. The image you see is not the finished pedalboard. That is just a rondo case. But later on I drilled three holes. 2 on the wall of the case where the DC brick is located , and 1 by where the ISP decimator noise surpressor is located. In the top two holes, I made an input jack and a power jack that connects to the dc brick.

On the other hole I made an output.

So now I can keep the pedal case closed and just still leave everything plugged in when I am not using any effects, or I can open it to use the effects, I plan to add a loop in it as well.
It might also be to your advantage to just not write stuff that requires you to Riverdance through your pedals.
Keep the individuals.
Grab/make yourself a loop pedal or two so that you can switch multiple effects on/off with a single switch.
The GT-10 is an awesome piece of equipment. I bought it based on a recommendation from a professional guitarist who used the GT-6.
Basically he liked the ease of use and the fact that it made getting a consistent tone easier when he was touring and not bringing his own amp along (every amp sounds different, even amps of the same brand/model). That and it sounded really good.

That's just the opinion of one pro player. I've talked to others that swear by stomp boxes.

I like the GT-10, the way it sounds, operates and the signature BOSS ruggedness (it's build like a tank). I do however not have a point of reference, since I'm pretty new to guitar playing. I do know that I would have to spend upwards to ten times the price of the GT-10 if I wanted the same functionality from stomp boxes and amps.
Martin D-15
Gibson LP Std. Faded HB
Fender MIA HWY1 Strat, 3 color SB, RW fretboard
BOSS GT-10
Roland JC-120
I like my multi as well as the next guy, but i am moving towards individual pedals. I only have 2 at this point but I think the sound quality is better. You do make a good point about adjusting on the fly however. Once I set the patches in my POD it's just the question of one stomp to change and that makes things really easy. I wouldn't sell individual pedals to buy a multi, but I would certainly consider having one for what your talking about. At least at that point you'll know and can decide what you want to sell later.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Keep the single pedals, they are much better than the effects you would get from a multi-effects board......and it also looks better when you have different pedals.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
i think most of the time singles are best but i know a few pros who swear by GTs and valve PAs. I think most of it is having the time to fiddle with the multi FX and knowing how to use them, I mean when you have so many parameters and tonal variety their is a lot of scope for a bad/mediocre sound
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
I may just keep the pedals I already have, and get a multiFX for when the need for it comes up.

Is that a good idea, or a waste of money. I am only missing to single pedals to complete my rig.
I think so, the more experience you have with gear the better you are.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I'd say trade it all out for a GT-10. It'll take a while to program but the effects are quality. Don't listen to people saying Multieffects have shit effects quality. If you buy a good one you'll get good quality effects. Simple as. Much easier to gig with aswell if you have all the patches worked out.
Quote by nyandres
Well fortunately all of my pedals are 100% true bypass except for the ISP decimator which has a buffered bypass. And yes electro harmonix pedals are in my opinion the best in the market.

As for the Pedalboard. The image you see is not the finished pedalboard. That is just a rondo case. But later on I drilled three holes. 2 on the wall of the case where the DC brick is located , and 1 by where the ISP decimator noise surpressor is located. In the top two holes, I made an input jack and a power jack that connects to the dc brick.

On the other hole I made an output.

So now I can keep the pedal case closed and just still leave everything plugged in when I am not using any effects, or I can open it to use the effects, I plan to add a loop in it as well.

So does that mean that you have to "stab"down into the case with your toe to hit the pedals? Not sure I like that idea, maybe I'll try to design one that has the sides come off with the lid.

The guy a few posts up is right, you could set up loops so that you can turn multiple pedals on with one switch. Does your amp have a footswitchable effects loop?
Yes the lid is removable. So it is very versatil and comfortable to use. But say I want to just leave everything plugged in, and one day I know I wont use any effects. I wont have to open the lid as there are jack holes for input and output and power from the case in its closed position.
How do you like that case from Rondo? I was thinking of getting one.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
if you don't mind switching effects from song to song, i think you're better off with your stompboxes. you have pretty nice stompboxes, and you only need two more effects. you would only lose money selling your stompboxes for a multieffect. then if you didn't like it, you would not be able to sell the multieffect unit back and buy all your pedals again. unless you try a multieffects unit and like it better, i would not recommend trading.
Cookie for me?
No
definatley keept the pedals

multi fx are usually poor quality and hard to use
especially if you are performing

i would keep the pedals
plus it looks way cooler
The thing like about multiFX effect is that I can fast switch between different presets within' a few clicks. Problem is that if it fails, you're d better have another backup.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by beckyjc
You have a pretty awesome set up there and id kill you if you sold it,
how are you liking the pulsar?

Its awesome. Its very lush, and has lots of good tones. In stereo with two amps it sounds absolutely gorgeous.
I have a multi and couldn't be happier. It's easier to use on stage than a whole bunch of stompboxes.
The effect quality is good. Do you think any of the guys in the audience will notice a difference between a stomp box and a multi sound? I don't think so.

As a general rule of thumb, out of two equally reasonable solutions, the simpler one has to be preferred.

And one think that's been bugging me while reading through this thread is the 'stompboxes ALWAYS sound better' bullshit. Not always, fellas. If it's a short chain of high quality effects you're gonna get a good sound, if it's twenty cheap stompboxes, you're not.
Yes, there are cost-cutting measures to keep multis affordable. But it's not like the makers of seperate effects know some sort of magic to make their stuff sound better.

EDIT: Not to say there is anything wrong with your stomp boxes. I see they have been selected by a man of great taste. I just wouldn't bother having that much stuff on stage.
Sell them. I'll buy them off you.

No seriously, keep them cause a multi-fx can't compare to those.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales