Ok so i applied at toys r us back in july and unfortunately i never got a call. I was pretty bummed but i figured that ill just find somewhere else to work. Today i checked my email and it was titled "Join R Team!" (yes i know very clever with the R). So i open it thinking that i need to come in for an interview or something but no. Instead it says that it seems like they want a person with my qualifications for the job especially with the holiday season coming up. It gave me a link to their application so im applying again. Should I apply again or is this just another "maybe they'll hire me" thing?
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
i'd apply again. If they sent you something (even if it's just a generic letter), it means that your name is on their list as someone who's hirable.
They'll probably hire you in a temporary position to help disperse the holiday load, but don't expect a permanent job opportunity (though it may become one if you do a good job in your temp. position).
USSR R Toys

███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
USSR R Toys

hahahahaha.
In soviet russia, toys R YOU.
I don't think that has ever worked so well.
Just re-apply. If you don't they won't call you so.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

it'd be cool to work in Toys r Us

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
my friend had the exact same job, over holiday season. I think he was glad he did it except that you only have a job for a few weeks. But then you can reapply if you want a summer job or something and ur pretty much guaranteed the job because you are already trained (as long as you werent a crappy worker or something). I'm not sure if they just sent this email to every applicant they've turned down or just a select few they thought were hirable, but I'd go for it.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Did you actually follow up on the application? Even if they say that they'll call you, it's still a good idea to d so.
Obvious troll is obvious.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Oh and by the way. Get used to the "We'll call you back". That actually means "We'll call you back IF we need you". I for myself would prefer it if they'd respect you and call you back even just to say they don't need you.

But yeah, it only happens like 1 time out of 500 so don't count on it. 2 weeks without calling usually means=no job for you.

Quote by Dimebagjeff
get a real job, toys r us wtf?!

Everyone needs to start somewhere. Even without a formation.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Just apply again. They'll give you the job and you'll be like "k koo".
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by Dimebagjeff
get a real job, toys r us wtf?!

I would take that job in a minute. It's better than not having a job.
Quote by Spamwise
I would take that job in a minute. It's better than not having a job.

You speak the truth.

Also TS, it sounds to me like that was just some mass e-mail they send out, but it still wouldn't hurt to re-apply. It shows them you are really interested in a job.
Keep applying and be persistent. The more intent you seem on getting the job the more likely they are to hire you unless htey have specific reasons not to.
Quote by RU Experienced?
They'll probably hire you in a temporary position to help disperse the holiday load, but don't expect a permanent job opportunity (though it may become one if you do a good job in your temp. position).

They don't have temp positions, but they also don't have full-time non-managerial positions; it's all part time, 4-30 hours. If they hire you, you're in, period. They're always hiring because their turnover is usually so high, especially around the holidays. Less for the day shift; we had one girl join our crew and literally quit at lunch on her first night. Another guy was there for two or three days. My "supervisor" liked to tell people he'd rather go back to Iraq than keep working there. He left, so did the manager-trainee, and the rest of us got fired for one reason or another.

It starts to suck around this time as it is, plus, I was unfortunate enough to get hired during an entire store remodel...in October. There were times where we'd get a full-sized truck in one night and be expected to unload and merchandise it because there was another truck coming the next night, and our never-the-same-people-twice crew could barely unload a truck in three days, and we'd take a random night off in the middle to remodel. I was absolutely miserable in that place. You know how it is, you start going to the bathroom and taking two-hour dumps, purposely crashing the computers, I once spent about an hour rearranging a display of pencils. I must have watched Knocked Up about 12 times on my iPod.

From what I understand, they've been trying to fire a friend of mine (who's a manager) because she went out and got coffee with a guy there who is married, and they immediately assume that she ****ed him and everyone basically ignores her. Me, they got on my Myspace and printed out my blog and passed it around the store. I officially got fired because I called this girl a **** under my breath, and the one guy who heard me went and told her about it three days later. She, a 24-year-old woman, literally went crying to my boss and said she had to go home because I called her a name three days earlier. He didn't find this strange, I got fired, and she stopped showing up to work two days later. I know they wanted me out because of my blog, but nobody ever had the balls to confront me about it. So, I conveniently screwed up and was literally thrown out of the store.

So, yeah, man, I ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND APPLYING THERE AGAIN.

Seriously, though, I know for a fact that our store here is absolutely pathetic, and so are the people who run it and work there. The only decent guy was my boss. Ours is a brilliant example of what a Toys R Us SHOULDN'T be. I can basically guarantee you that you won't have an experience anything like what I did. Any trained monkey can work there, and they hire accordingly. If you didn't get an interview, neither did anyone else who applied after you. I can promise you, everybody gets an interview. I worked with a guy who, literally, was missing half of his head and didn't bathe or wash his clothes. If you apply again, you'll get an interview. And, in the interview, you build shit out of Legos.
Last edited by Survivalism at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by jpgilbert701
Ok so i applied at toys r us back in july and unfortunately i never got a call. I was pretty bummed but i figured that ill just find somewhere else to work. Today i checked my email and it was titled "Join R Team!" (yes i know very clever with the R). So i open it thinking that i need to come in for an interview or something but no. Instead it says that it seems like they want a person with my qualifications for the job especially with the holiday season coming up. It gave me a link to their application so im applying again. Should I apply again or is this just another "maybe they'll hire me" thing?

Ive been getting those same emails. They sent me a third one this morning... Seems they want to hire for Christmas or something...
I applied a few months back as an assembler part time
These days I can only work weekends with the classes I'm taking so its probably not worth my time to apply...

If you look at the bottom of the email it shows its some profile setting by default which is the only reason you are getting these emails...you are on some list.
I changed my account as they were starting to bug me...
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 28, 2008,
Quote by Mecler
Toys R Us seems like it would be a horrible job.

You seem to miss the point of "job".
Really? R you sure you want the job.

Hurr
Duuuurrrrrrrrr
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Trust this guy, he reminds me of someone from the "R" team for some reason...
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."