Page 1 of 2
I'm pretty psyched over this new ESP LTD EC-1000 in see-thru purple, dreaming of it, hehe, this one has 24 frets, emg's, slimmer body than the EC-400 series and lighter in weight, ect, but to the downsides....the binding around the neck which makes the neck look slimmer but it really ain't. I wish it had a whammy bar (because I really love whammy's), but I ain't sure if it is possible to install a tremolo bar on this model, does anyone have a clue? And would it so be extremely expensive? It's like I wanna kick ESP in the nuts for not making a guitar in the EC-1000 series (there's a whole range of colours)with a whammy and stuff!

I'd love if it had the whammy bar like Kirk has on the ESP KH-3 Spider, the body shapes look pretty much the same, but I believe the Kirk model is a bolt-on-neck instead, the string-setup is different, bridge, ect.

EC-1000 STP
Set-Neck
24.75” Scale
Mahogany Body
Flamed Maple Top
Mahogany Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
42mm Earvana Compensated Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
ESP Locking Tuners
Tonepros Locking Bridge & Tail
EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u.
Finish: STP

If this is not possible, I'm gonna create my own ****ing guitar company with all the shit I like!
Quote by HighPotency
There's a reason that nobody owns a les paul style guitar with a floyd rose on it.

Oh well I've seen a bunch of people using the EC-1000.
Quote by d8v3yb
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/ec/E-EC-150E.html

try this one, i gt a price from a dealer in japan, it was about $1100 inc shipping

Thanks for the link.

Wow, hopefully they ship worlwide, but why don't they show the Japan models on the ESP main site? What is an Edwards guitar? Damn there are many fine ones on the Japan site! I still want the purple finish though of the EC-1000
Quote by Wytica
Thanks for the link.

Wow, hopefully they ship worlwide, but why don't they show the Japan models on the ESP main site? What is an Edwards guitar? Damn there are many fine ones on the Japan site! I still want the purple finish though of the EC-1000

Edwards is the Japanese Version of ESP/LTD. Better built quality aswell IMO.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Ok, ESP is actually the parent company of two separate companies, LTD (sold everywhere) and Edwards (sold in Japan only). It's pretty easy to get a Edwards to the states though. Check Ebay stores, and www.guitarjapan.com . You'll have to email GJ.com about it and they'll give you a price. Ask for a hard shell case too.

And to answer your original question, it'd be half again what the guitar would cost to install an OFR (atleast, it'd more than likely be much more).

BTW, in order of quality from these three companies goes as such:

ESP > Edwards > LTD.

Edwards are great guitars and they're really not much more expensive than LTD's, but they're not too much less than ESP's... So if you can/want to save up for an ESP, click the link in my sig and email them for some price quotes.
Les Paul + Floyd Rose makes me cry

If you want a guitar with a Floyd, buy something different.

Quote by edusty2010
So if you can/want to save up for an ESP, click the link in my sig and email them for some price quotes.

The link in your sig does not work.

If you want to order Edwards, buy from Ishibashi, their guys are top-notch in customer service, will weigh guitars for you, anything really, will beat other's sale price, even though they are the cheapest in my experience anyway.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by Chorduroy
Okay...I'm stumped. What is the reason?

Aren't Les Pauls famous for the sustain they have (because of the wood and weight)? Having a floyd rose supposedly takes off some sustain, so that's probably the reason.
Well thanks everyone for the links and the help, I've seen more than 15 guitars I want on the ESP Japan site, haha! I'm gonna save a lot of money, so then maybe next year I'll get to buy one from Japan, that's the dream allright, but I would have to get it into Norway which is a bitch when it comes to customs. These guitars are so much more personal, not everyone has them which is soo wicked.

I noticed they have some other brands there, like Italia guitars, Navigator ect, never heard of these, the Japanese sure know how to make guitars! Except for this one which is the weirdest ugliest guitar I've ever seen: what

http://espguitars.co.jp/artist/mana/index.html
Quote by HighPotency
There's a reason that nobody owns a les paul style guitar with a floyd rose on it.

Is that why Gibson has a floyded model now?

Anyways, the only way you'll get an LTD EC with a floyd from the US would be finding somebody to do the routing for it. With what that'll cost, you'll be better off finding a floyded ESP Eclipse. The only problem with the Eclipse with the floyd is I believe they're FT models, meaning they can't directly ship to the US. You'd be better off finding somebody from over sea's and having them send you the guitar.

EDIT- They don't show certain models on the site because there are certain models not sold in the US. Such as the Eclipse FT, RV's ect. Just go onto the foreign site and you can find all there models there.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Sep 29, 2008,
Allrighty, buying the guitar you want from Japan seems a bit difficult. I looked at the Ishabishi site, didn't say much though. So finding a dealer who sells ESP's from Japan into Europe might get tricky. Since I'm not gonna purchase anything yet, maybe next year, I got a lot of time to find information. I found this shop through esp japan site but it's mainly in Japanese, dunno if they ship worldwide they also sell used ESP guitars: WARNING, this is HOT for the eyes:
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/a-guitars/

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/gallery/alfee/index.html

I found a bunch of Edwards on ebay, not too expensive either, maybe I'll buy Edwards if I can't afford an ESP when the time arrives, not many people have those at all. Yeah the Edwards seems pretty good since they are made in Japan. The Potbelly oh my.

I WOULD KILL for these guitars: $$$ expensive though.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/gallery/index.html

And what the hell is this?! it changes colours I believe...

I'm off to have a major guitargasm right now....
Quote by MatrixClaw
Les Paul + Floyd Rose makes me cry

If you want a guitar with a Floyd, buy something different.

The link in your sig does not work.

If you want to order Edwards, buy from Ishibashi, their guys are top-notch in customer service, will weigh guitars for you, anything really, will beat other's sale price, even though they are the cheapest in my experience anyway.

My bad, IDK how that happened. It's fixed now.

And Ishibashi is pretty great, but I know they gave me a HUGE price when I asked about the Edwards RV 148, so still check around for better prices.
Quote by edusty2010
My bad, IDK how that happened. It's fixed now.

And Ishibashi is pretty great, but I know they gave me a HUGE price when I asked about the Edwards RV 148, so still check around for better prices.

Weird, they beat the price of every other site on the internet on the E-LP-92 by like $60
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
there's always the kahler 7200 or the 2200.

it'll require a bit of routing but it's not much (compared to a floyd rose) and it'll get the job done.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
ummm i have a ec-1000 and honestly it would look awful with a whammy haha just get an M or MII they look awesome
I'm telling you, if you can get somebody to ship you a ESP Eclipse FT-FR then it'd be great. Keep in mind that the FT means 'Full Thickness', meaning it's the same thickness as the Gibson Les Pauls, which is why they aren't available in the states. I want one, the Purple People Eater, although I don't think that model has the OFR.

I think I'd rather grab an old ESP Maverick or something. Theres a nice one on egay right now for BIN $1800USD I think.
Yeah well if it would look ugly on an EC-1000 then so be it, one can always use the wah pedal I suppose...You mentioned the M-11, yes I've been thinking of that one as well, but sorta not my style too much shredder for me which I'm not. There are some new LTD M-1000 models of those in white: (I don't really like these)
http://www.espguitars.com/news/news.html

The ESP Eclipse models are available in Europe, but they cost much more in Europe than in the US due to customs/imports. I know some of them aren't available in the US also because of the fact that it looks a bit too much like a Les Paul and Gibson got scared and sued them.

Is the KH-3 the same type of body like an Eclipse? Cause I prefer the KH-3 style. I already have one ESP LTD EC 400 VF with Seymour Duncans, which is very heavy in weight and sorta has the Les Paul thickness, it's a very good guitar though. But my next one will hopefully have a slimmer neck and be a bit lighter body-fatness, more different, again, I am not buying anything now, but next year maybe. I just have a tendency to not like buying guitars that everyone else has, and likes it when they are a bit different and personal, zillions of people plays Gibson (which are great guitars) but everyone plays them, ya know what I mean....

This ESP Eclipse CTM Purple is available in the shops in Norway and costs $2000, but for this price one can get hold of many other guitars, heck I could even get the ESP KH-3 for this price. If I buy it abroad I would save a bunch of money. The LTD EC-400 I bought earlier this year I got off ebay for $400 and in Norway its $1200 in the shops!

Is this the purple Eclipse you mean? (I know this one isn't available in the US).

This one seems cool: FR

http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/espstd/eclipse.htm

Dammit! forgot to ask..

Isn't the LTD EC-1000 more like the body shape/weight/ect like an KH-3? They seem more alike than the Eclipse is to an KH-3....Oh I still want the Japanese ones, I know I'll probably never get my hands on one of those cool ones, unless I win the lottery.
A Floyd Rose is retrospectively your strings strapped to a block, which is held on with tension to an edge of metal. As you can expect, vibrations do not travel well along metal, let alone a sharp edge of metal. If you fit a FR to a guitar, you can expect tone and sustain loss.

Les Paul's are chosen over other guitar's for many reasons, but one of the main reason's is it's sustain, this guitar can hold notes like your wouldn't believe. Putting a Floyd on a Les Paul defeats the purpouse of having a Les Paul in the first place. It will lose sustain, and it will be noticable. You won't be able to hold your notes as long as your originally could, tell me if that's worth trading for some dive bombs and vibratos?
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by zacharydak
A Floyd Rose is retrospectively your strings strapped to a block, which is held on with tension to an edge of metal. As you can expect, vibrations do not travel well along metal, let alone a sharp edge of metal. If you fit a FR to a guitar, you can expect tone and sustain loss.

Les Paul's are chosen over other guitar's for many reasons, but one of the main reason's is it's sustain, this guitar can hold notes like your wouldn't believe. Putting a Floyd on a Les Paul defeats the purpouse of having a Les Paul in the first place. It will lose sustain, and it will be noticable. You won't be able to hold your notes as long as your originally could, tell me if that's worth trading for some dive bombs and vibratos?

Then the Floyd Rose must be a bitch to change strings and all that stuff, now I know why Kirk Hammett uses that damn tape over at the end of the neck because of the sustain problem with the floyd. And then the EC-1000 is a goodie without the tremolo bar, just guessing, as for the Eclipses/LP's ect. So in the end there's really no use for a whammy?
Nice indeed, just wanted to post this link, ESP Japan has now a myspace site, there's some videoes in the blog as well. Kinda kewl, I can't understand what they are saying, but dammit I wish I was in one of those rooms!

http://www.myspace.com/espguitarsjapan

Some Japanese band talking about their Edwards guitars: (I like the one in the middle that looks like a Tele).
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=1001226916&blogID=431737740

However I now look at the price differences between the ESP and the Edwards on the Japan site: the ESP that looks like a tele is 336, 000 yen = $3175! and the Edwards is 126, 000 yen = $1190.
Last edited by Wytica at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by zacharydak

the strings still have to go over metal saddle edges and connect to a metal stop piece on a hardtail LP. A well designed and setup tremolo can sustain fine and have great tone. Some of the most coveted tones in the last 30 years were done with tremolo equipped guitars.

Gibson has introduced a few trem models over the years, but they get poo poo'd by the cork sniffers and LP purists, not because there is anything wrong with the guitars.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by HighPotency

They're all stuck on the idea that a les paul doesn't and never should have a tremolo.

Why not get the Kirk Hammett LTD. I believe it was a 503 or something like that. Should be similar quality to the EC1000.

You could get an EC1000 and put a Kahler tremolo on it as well. Tons of people prefer those to floyds.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Agree with the comment above regarding the LP's with tremolos. The thing is I could get the ESP Kirk Hammett for $2000 and heck save a lot of money buying it abroad, compared to the country I live in if you understand what I mean. Now the only thing about signature models I don't like is that it wouldn't really feel like if the guitar was really yours, because it would be "Kirk Hammett's" and people would expect to hear only Metallica songs from a guitar like that. I'm gonna try my best to get an ESP from Japan though. I doubt I'll get one though, LOL.

Unlike if it isn't a signature it's more your own. I think the EC-1000 (from the deluxe LTD series) is a bit better than the LTD's of Kirk Hammett, this is what I think I don't know this 100%. And the ESP's of Kirk is the real deal, while the EC-1000's is in another class of its own, and are one of the most expensive ones in the LTD series. And if I had to buy a Kirk guitar, I wouldn't buy one of the LTD's but saved up for the ESP KH-3 instead. Heck I'd prefer an non-signature ESP Eclipse instead as well if I had to, which cost about the same.

See here: $1900 for the real Kirk, in Norway this would be like $3000-4000. An LTD EC-1000 in Norway is about $1600. I only buy guitars abroad, pay only some customs in extra but it's insane how much money one can save.
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/ESP-2007-Signature-Series-KH-3-Kirk-Hammett-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P1490C425.aspx

Could I install a Kahler tremolo myself or is it better to have the guitar tech at a guitar shop do this for me?

Is this the Kahler tremolo?
http://www.kahlerusa.com/home.html
Last edited by Wytica at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by Wytica
Agree with the comment above regarding the LP's with tremolos. The thing is I could get the ESP Kirk Hammett for $1900 and heck save a lot of money buying it abroad, compared to the country I live in if you understand what I mean. Now the only thing about signature models I don't like is that it wouldn't really feel like if the guitar was really yours, because it would be "Kirk Hammett's" and people would expect to hear only Metallica songs from a guitar like that. I'm gonna try my best to get an ESP from Japan though. I doubt I'll get one though, LOL.

Unlike if it isn't a signature it's more your own. I think the EC-1000 (from the deluxe LTD series) is a bit better than the LTD's of Kirk Hammett, this is what I think I don't know this 100%. And the ESP's of Kirk is the real deal, while the EC-1000's is in another class of its own, and are one of the most expensive ones in the LTD series. And if I had to buy a Kirk guitar, I wouldn't buy one of the LTD's but saved up for the ESP KH-3 instead. Heck I'd prefer an non-signature ESP Eclipse instead as well if I had to, which cost about the same.

meh, I personally don't give a crap who's name is on it if it has the the features I want, some of the best guitars I've owned have been sig guitars. They usually come with non standard parts, and if you are looking for those things, it's win win. My EJ strat, Loomis 7, and PRS Tremonti all have been superior to the standard models I've owned or played for comparison. The standard models even have Leo Fender, Les Paul, Paul Reed Smith, etc. written on them anyway, so it really doesn't matter to me. If the guitar has the features you want, and you can afford the price, I wouldn't let the fact that it's a sig stop you. The sigs I've owned have also seemed like a little extra care went into making them at the factory. If the sig bothers you though, that's a personal preference, nothing wrong with that either.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Wytica
"EYE-CANDY-WARNING".

Watch out TS its a Tarp! Unless you swing that way...
Hammet put tape at the end of his neck to reduce string noise from fail legato I would think, it wouldn't help sustain.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Page 1 of 2