searched but couldn't really find anything comparing the two. i know the tops are different woods, but tonally, is it significant, or is it just visual/aesthetic/whatever? i really like the way the FB looks, but i've heard (reviews, etc) that it didn't sound quite as nice as the FW. so i guess i was just wondering, i've been working my ass off all sumemr for a new guitar and i've narrowed it down to these two (kinda) and the S5470. any suggestions?

also, do any of the prestiges have inlays on the top on the neck? or is it just the prestige on 12th? i think i'd get frustrated with zero inlays. anyhow, yeah.

thanks!
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
Dude, go to a guitar center and play them yourselves. Never buy a guitar without playing it. I was at guitar center last night and checked out a guitar I'd been thinking about getting, but found out that the knobs got in my way when i was on higher strings.

Don't buy anything without testing it first.
It shouldnt make too much of a difference, but try them for sure. There will be side dot markers on the neck.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
If you can, get the S5470. Both the 2170s are MIK but the S5470 is MIJ. Some places have them at around the same price.
hmm, i hadn't thought about that, thought it said MIJ on guitar center, but i could be wrong.

so the s5470 is just a better buy in general?

EDIT: i forgot to mention the nearest GC is 3 hours away-ish, although there's a local store that's a an ibanez dealer about 20 miles away, but they only have realy crappy ones in stock usually, and they'll only special order stuff if it's guaranteed you're gonna buy it.
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
Last edited by jacobthesnakeob at Sep 30, 2008,
The S5470 is better built. The others you are paying a premium for the bubinga and burled maple tops. The S5470 the premium you pay is for a better neck and action.

And it will get you lots of girly admirers.
alright, thanks guys! i'll try and play some, but it's hard living out here in the boonies.

maybe i'll make a trip out to GC this weekend and try em' out.

OH! and hey, is there anything else other than ibanez's you'd suggest in this price range? i'm looking for something with a heavy tone, any type of double-locking trem, and versatility is a plus.