Hey guys, I'm curious as to how people generally end up finding musicians to jam with and form a band. Everyone knows craigslist is an option, and its obvious that if you happen to have a friend that's a musician then that's convenient.

What are some other ways of finding musicians that are willing to jam/form a band? How did you meet your bandmates, if you have a band?
School, newspapers, internet, etc.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Yell out:

MUSICIANS, ASSEMBLE!
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
The music/guitar shop is a good idea actually. I've tried the internet, and man, its difficult to find someone who's actually willing to meet up with you.
Lots of bands get people/friends from school.
A lot of other bands were formed when the members met at the same Music University (like Dream Theater).
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Alot of my mates play instruments and are into the same music i.e. metal, rock, etc.

Hang out at places where musicians do, like Guitar Stores, Record Stores (thats where u'll probably find older musicians who have a good idea about what they're doing).
try to find a guitar / drum / whatever you need teacher or school in your town and then just stalk around there until you find someone entering or leaving....or you know..ask the teacher if they know anyone who is interested in forming a band..that works too.
~ Requiem of Innocence ~
Quote by Shuk
I've tried the internet, and man, its difficult to find someone who's actually willing to meet up with you.

Lol