I've been starting to play guitar 5 months ago, and progressing, but I'm stuck with a Yamaha C40 and it's starting to sound like god knows what, even after changing the strings for the 3rd time in 5 months. It's 9 years old. I like to play songs like Love Hurts by Incubus, Collide by Howie Day, Carry you home by James Blunt, Hero by enrique igelsias and other stuffs like that.

So...recently I raked up RM1600(Malaysian Currency) which is about 430USD, I can get a new guitar. But I'm torn between A Yamaha FG700S, Yamaha FG331, and a Ibanez EW20Asent. The Yamaha store is more convenient. The Ibanez store is a lil bit less convenient.

Which is better?
I heard that Ibanez acoustics weren't that great... I'd go with one of the Yamaha's but i'm not sure which of the two is better... so i'd say play'em enjoy'em then buy one... your the captain... you make the call
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Quote by killer puppy
a dean ml shadow

and you are a moron
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
@Killer puppy - don't be stupid please,
@hampoboy37 - try not to double post, k?

Avoid ibanez. Yamaha makes REALLY good low level guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yamaha makes pretty good low end guitars, and Ibanez tends to suck acoustic. Try them out, see which one you like more.
Yamaha, Takami and Epiphone can make some very decent low end guitars.

Avoid Ibanez, Dean and Fender acoustics.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
it's an electric guitar, lol.
Equipment:

oh. kay. thanks alot.

So I keep hearing about all these pickups. And I've been wondering, is it easy to learn how to install pickups on your own?
i think for a soundhole pick up you just need to drill a hole in the bottom.

honestly you don't need a pickup unless you are planning on gigging.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by about
i think for a soundhole pick up you just need to drill a hole in the bottom.

honestly you don't need a pickup unless you are planning on gigging.

That's only if you want the soundhole pickup perma-installed like me.

I wouldn't try to install electronics on your own.
Equipment: