I want a custom electric guitar, but don't have a lot of money. There's not much that I want, I mean I'd like to have a really cool unique shaped body, but that's not a realistic goal for me.

I just wanted to know how much it'd probably cost to get a decent guitar with a custom paint-job and good pickups. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
What kind of pick ups? I don't think that you given enough info for any type of guitar lol custom or not lol
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
In my defense, I never really paid much attention to customization things, so I don't know what kinds of pickups are good and things like that. The guitar I just want to be non-off-brand with a custom paint job.

I guess I've heard humbucker pickups are good. I don't know any others that are supposedly good though. Maybe that'll be specific enough...

well what style do you play... and what do you mean by custom paint job? I'm not trying to offend you i'm just trying to say a little more would help lol
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
I'm not offended. Don't worry. Haha.

I play a lot of punk kind of stuff, mostly (please don't suggest a Fender or Squier strat, I can't stand those guitars). I play a lot of power chords and single notes, not really any actual chords. Palm mute here and there. But like to tap when I solo. Doesn't work on either of my current guitars though. Might be the action, might be the guitars, might be something else, I'm not sure.

Paint job I want it to be white with 4 or 5 red skeleton hands painted on it, or white with a raven painted on it. I don't know. Something like that.

with punk and alot of high gain stuff humbuckers are where it's at... In the bridge i'm sure you knew that... but i'd say something like an SG or and Les Paul... or if your not into that like and Ibanez Jackson ESP but i'd say about the custom paint job you'd be better off getting the guitar then getting the paint job... but that's just me... i really haven't had a custom paint job or anything like that
I have an Epiphone Special II Les Paul right now. Should I'd just get that painted and get humbucker pickups for it? How much do you think that would cost?

an Epiphone Special II Les Paul comes standard with humbuckers... I have on too... About the paint you could do it yourself for not as much, but to pay someone to do it could get costly... like maybe 100 150? I'm not sure though... I could be way off about the paint though... pick up wise i think that you could get some good pick ups from WDmusic...
Oh. A friend of mine told me I didn't have humbuckers. Maybe he was mistaken. I wouldn't know the difference. I can't draw, so my skeleton hands or raven would come out looking like a glob of goat cheese. So I'd probably have to pay to have it done.

What about action? How do you fix that? I hear if you make it too low then it starts to buzz and stuff, but for some reason tapping just doesn't work on either of my guitars. Maybe the strings are too thick? I don't know...

Not trying to be a dick, but it's most likely your technique. This happens a lot to people. Ask in the techniques forum about it.

And humbucker: http://www.wizardpickups.co.uk/images/humbucker4_large.jpg

Single coil: http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/products/electric/stratocaster/SSL-6.jpg

The two main types of pickups
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
I've watched a lot of videos and even had a friend of mine show me how he taps (he does it pretty well) and it still doesn't come out right. He couldn't even do it on one of my guitars, but it does it fairly well on the other. I don't know. Thanks though.

A solid color paint job is going to be around 200 bucks so skulls etc will add alot to the price. So on an epi special2 more than the guitar cost. You could do it yourself. But your not going to get a standard guitar with a custom paint job on a budget.