Why Squier? I'm a beginner at guitar and I like Fender designs, not Fender prices. I'm disappointed in the build quality of my Fender P bass and impressed by the quality of my Squier Vintage Modified P bass.

What will I be playing? Red Hot Chili Peppers, alternative, pop punk, and some indie.

What do I want out of this guitar? Decent quality, I don't want to have to replace anything. Decent sound, I will be getting a tube combo, which will help with that.

I am a bassist who likes to play around on guitar, so size and weight isn't an issue.

These are what I'm looking at

Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-CLASSIC-VIBE-Stratocaster-50s-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519338

Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-CLASSIC-VIBE-Telecaster-50s-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519376.

Squier Jagmaster
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Jagmaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=519635

If anybody owns or has played any of these guitars I'd love your input.

Thanks
I'd go with the pinecaster.
The Jagmaster. Plays really nice.
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
Telecaster most definitely looks the best and has a great deal of versatility. I'm definitely go with that if I were you.

I have a Squier Strat and they are good too. But, I'd much rather have that Tele.
Thanks for the replies. I found some pictures that are definitely making me GAS for the tele.

I'd still like more opinions though
AFAIK, that's the only Pine telecaster other than custom shop models that's in current production.

I'd get it.
I know you said you don't like Fender prices, but trust me, save up 100 more dollars and buy a Mexican guitar, you will be MUCH happier in the end, as the jump up in quality from a Fender to a Squier is immense.
Those Classic Vibe telecasters have been known to trump their Fender MIM counterparts at times. I would definitely get one.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
Get that Telecaster man its sweet. It has a Three saddle bridge they = God.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Is there much of a difference between the 300$ Squier and the 400$ fenders? I sell them both in the shop I work at, and really can not tell much of a difference. That said, I'm not a huge Fender fan
I'd recommend to anyone considering squier to get Fender Mex, they're much better and dont cost much more
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
you should bump up and get a MIM strat (made in mexico strat). they are a lot better than squiers by a long shot and aren't much more expensive (especially if you get it used, which i recomend doing).

if you absolutely can't bump up to a MIM at ALL, i would suggest the strat out of those three because of the note manipulation abilities and versitility of the guitar. the other two wouldn't be AS verisitile and wouldn't be able to sound as good in as many ways but that is just my opinion.