I've been playing off and on for some time- never really learned music theory or any advanced chords besides messing around with the minor pentatonic scale and some open chords. I want to learn to shred like the best- and know my way inside and out of the guitar. I took several lessons but really am motivated to teach myself through the information portal that is the web. I'm tired of messing around learning little licks here and there but not having full comprehension of everything.

Are there any specific/books/methods/sites/order of learning I should follow?
Get a teacher.

You'll be glad you did later in life...
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

justinguitar.com is a good site to start Complete the beginner's course first, and from there you see where you go, but I started there and it's good and helpful, with all the video lessons
Last edited by Ikary at Sep 29, 2008,
Teacher, books, theory, random websites you can find by googling what you want to learn, Guitar Pro looping phrases.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
teacher is best
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
I guess I should be specific-
How do you go about learning all the chords/scales on the guitar and the theory that relates them? Do you start by learning the notes on the fretboard and then memorizing them- then chord theory- then scales?
Scales, Scale harmonization(as in how the chord's are generically applied to the scale), then key signatures, I'd suggest C Major first, just to make things easier.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by GuitarGodFame
I guess I should be specific-
How do you go about learning all the chords/scales on the guitar and the theory that relates them? Do you start by learning the notes on the fretboard and then memorizing them- then chord theory- then scales?

pretty much, although chord theory and scales are just different aspects of the same thing..check out Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns section.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com