Hey friends, Ive thinking about buying a new amp. I have been looking at the Ceriatone JCM800 2204, i heard good thing about it, & heard some clips on youtube, & they sound great. Are there any other Companies that make good copies of a JCM800, Could you guys list them please, I would really appreciate it.

THANKS
Try some of the Sovtek Mig amps. They go for pretty cheap on the bay and they nail a JCM800 tone really well.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
metropoulus

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by C40.is.hot
Try some of the Sovtek Mig amps. They go for pretty cheap on the bay and they nail a JCM800 tone really well.

+1

There are a few good JCM800 clones. The Peavey Windsor, the Redbear Mk60, the Sovtek Mig50.
Quote by imgooley
+1

There are a few good JCM800 clones. The Peavey Windsor, the Redbear Mk60, the Sovtek Mig50.

i wouldnt call them clones, they're more like "similarly voiced amps"

the ceriatone the TS was talking about originally is pretty much the exact circuit as the original JCM800's as far as i know
i own a ceriatone, the workmanship is absolutely flawless.
GO FOR IT!
tone to die for
only downside is shipping costs.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by Gabel
^It IS the exact circuit of an early 80's JCM800!

yeah, i was 99% sure it was exact but i didnt want to say so in case i was wrong
If you want an exact one, buy a Ceriatone, or the real thing.

If you want something similar, there's a bunch of amps that are modeled after them such as the Sovtek already mentioned and the Redbear MK.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
yeah i have had my eye on the ceriatone stuff for a while. I have been eyeing the 50watt plexi for a while. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to build either with all their parts and schematics. But withh 200$ for shipping is a pain, its still cheaper then a new jcm800
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Yeah, I'd get the JCM800. The Plexi 50 is just TOO LOUD. The JCM800 is loud, but can be played at decent volumes and still sound great!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
thanks everyone your input, I really appreciate it. I gonna order the ceriatone jcm800 this saturday. now the only thing left is i need a cab, could you guys recommend me one, or a company that makes custom cabs?

THANKS
^Something with G12T-75s or Greenbacks, Vintage 30s... maybe. Eminence Texas Heats would probably sound good as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Devilman2020
thanks everyone your input, I really appreciate it. I gonna order the ceriatone jcm800 this saturday. now the only thing left is i need a cab, could you guys recommend me one, or a company that makes custom cabs?

THANKS

www.avatarspeakers.com
i gonna order a avatar 4x12 cab with 2 vintage 30's & 2 greenbacks. you guys thats a good combo?
if you're buying the ceriatone, buy it prebuilt, because Nik

WILL

build it better than you
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by Devilman2020
i gonna order a avatar 4x12 cab with 2 vintage 30's & 2 greenbacks. you guys thats a good combo?

I'd go 2 v30s+2 g12h30s or 4 g12h30s.
why not get a regular 2204? They go between 5 and 8 hundred on ebay unless they're beat to hell. Otherwise, try Ceriatone; they seem to make good stuff.

And i'd go with Avatar Speakers, Emperor Cabs (they're a bit more than Avatar...like a few hundred bucks more, but seem to be worth it), Mojotone, Lopoline, Earcandy, Tone Tubby, etc.