I had to ask you guys yesterday about how to play a certain chord sharpened. Is it normal for your teacher,for those of you that have one,to make you play your lesson you were given the week before and then say here this is next weeks lesson and not go over next weeks lesson??I'm tired of feeling like I have to do mad searches online when the lesson is not explaiined to me.What do you all think?? and thank you!!
No it's not really normal but have you actually asked your teacher to go over things you don't understand? If not try doing that first, but it sounds like you should be looking for a different teacher anyway; one that doesn't explain things is next to useless.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
if youve practiced laast weeks stuff you should get that over quickly and have ample time for the new stuff
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
^ yes but how do you suggest practicing something which you have not yet been taught?

Ts talk to your teacher and explain the problem, it sounds like he has it backwards. You should be being taught new things in the lesson and then given work to take with you to practice, not researching new stuff on your own.
I find that if I don't research the next weeks lesson and line up ?'s for him beforehand,I'm screwed. I find it's a lot of b-----it talk about whatever,then I do play my "homework" and he hands me the next lesson. This guy has an extremely good reputation.People come from hours away to train with him.But I just don't think I should go home and have to figure out my lesson and be frustrated about it.I'm a beginner,playing about 6 mnths...He does offer some good pointers so I don't acquire bad habits.......but.....
Sounds to me like his reputation is undeserved; talk to him about it and raise your concerns, if nothing changes then find a new teacher. I hate to sound so cut-and-dried but a teacher should change the lessons to fit the way you learn and should always make sure you understand what's going on, not anything else.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Precisely,Helpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!How on earth can I practice it ,if I'm not sure how to do it!?
I also feel like I shouldn't have to be worried about making time to go over next weeks lesson and line up all my questions and still concentrate on doing my homework,which is hard enough.I'm 46 and never played an instrument in my life and am learning to read notation........so yes,this is daunting,but I'm determined ,but I don't want to stress out the old brain and feel overwhelmed(more overwhelmed).Ugh!
Quote by kenbiki
Precisely,Helpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!How on earth can I practice it ,if I'm not sure how to do it!?

not sure what this means? are you saying I never said that or agreeing with me? It's the comma after precisely that is throwing me.
Sorry Helpy, my error!!I wholeheartedly agree with you and thank you!
haha no problem, I get confused sometimes. Let us know how it goes with your teacher. I Know once (if) I start teaching, it'll be being done based on what the student wants/will gain from the lessons, they way every teacher should be I think.
would'nt that make it a sus4, changing the quality of the 3rd changes the quality of the chord

What are you trying to play?

If it is like Cmaj changed to C#major, you just sharpen everything by a semitone.