Page 1 of 2
Like a year and a half ago when I couldn't ever sleep the pit was always the place I came to so I could keep myself entertained. Now there's barely any interesting threads in here anymore. What's going on?
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Got you to post in it.

It's just barely anything I wanna post in. There's only a few that have actually caught my interest, and any other thread I posted in was mostly just to pass 11 seconds of my time.

A year and a half ago, there were plenty of threads that caught my eye that I was able to post in (and come back to and post again).

The answer:

Is it really necessary for you guys to be such Nazis? I know there needs to be order around here, but the whole point of the pit was that people could go there and do random shit and be stupid, because the music forums were where the more serious, music-orientated topics were supposed to be. Now people can't horse around in the pit at all, and it's turned into a place where the rules are just as fascist as they are in the music forums, which are taken more seriously.

Obviously the rules in the music forums need to be strict because those are the forums that this site is all about, but the pit is there for people to just make casual threads and be silly without having to tip-toe around worrying about whether their last witty comment could be considered offensive enough to warrant a warning from the mods. It's ridiculous, why the hell can't you people lighten up a little but and just let the pit be the pit. Strict rules are good but only where appropriate, why can't you guys get that into your heads?

As posted on a mod's profile page, asking for reasoning.
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by dethskar0
It's just barely anything I wanna post in. There's only a few that have actually caught my interest, and any other thread I posted in was mostly just to pass 11 seconds of my time.

A year and a half ago, there were plenty of threads that caught my eye that I was able to post in (and come back to and post again).

I seem to find plenty to post in..
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Most that I post in die after very few posts. Either that, or if I come back there's nothing left for me to say. I used to be able to post in a thread, then come back to it and see someone replying to me specifically or saying something that I could reply to, in turn sparking conversation. Now, there's nothing. I barely find ANY threads like that.

Barely ANY that I even want to post in at all. I just need a cure for my boredom, pit.

Just because there aren't hundreds of threads that interest YOU it doesn't mean it's gotten worse. The pit, like pretty much any forum is unpredictable. It depends who's online and who posts a thread and when. if you don't like it go elsewhere.
RULE BRITANNIA
I don't see you doing anything about it. All I see is you whining.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Because I'm not an interesting person. I was never the one starting interesting threads, I was just visiting them, and getting rid of boredom.

Quote by BenFoffenbock
I don't see you doing anything about it. All I see is you whining.

I'm asking one of those Nazi pricks why the hell they've turned the pit into a prison camp, I'm not whining. You can seriously believe that the mods haven't contributed to the sterility of the pit?

Quote by FuZzY(aus)
not our fault
we dont make the rules

EXACTLY!!!
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Sep 29, 2008,
not our fault
we dont make the rules
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
^Well, it wasn't until AVA's post that I realized there WERE new rules...

Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
I'm asking one of those Nazi pricks why the hell they've turned the pit into a prison camp, I'm not whining. You can seriously believe that the mods haven't contributed to the sterility of the pit?

Take it easy, I wasn't referring to you champ .

But yeah the mods do a good job; it's better than having ****ing lol wut pears everywhere and everyone being racist.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
the pit population has risen, sense of community has been lost, overmodding has led to the banning of a lot of the funnier users (virgil hart, samnung, etc), and the prevalence of trite 4chan humor has sapped its soul.

that's my theory.... but i'm a noob anyways, what do i know.
You know more than the 07ers and the rookies, apparently.

Because you and AVA have been the only ones to actually point some things out to me that I didn't realize.

Quote by blackflag49
the pit population has risen, sense of community has been lost, overmodding has led to the banning of a lot of the funnier users (virgil hart, samnung, etc), and the prevalence of trite 4chan humor has sapped its soul.

Well said
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by BenFoffenbock

But yeah the mods do a good job; it's better than having ****ing lol wut pears everywhere and everyone being racist.

Yes, but they take it a bit too far, I feel. Like when they post in a thread a lot, then when they run out of stuff to say close it because they've decided it's a pointless thread.
Quote by BenFoffenbock

Bullshit. That's what the pit's for. The pit isn't meant to be serious and purposeful, that's what EVERY SINGLE OTHER FORUM is for. This is a music site, and it has many good, serious music forums. The pit is a forum for non-seriousness and for people to do whatever they want. If people are going to harass others or do things of that more extreme nature, then yes, they should be prevented from doing so again. But all the little things should be let go because the pit is ultimately just a kid's playground.

That's why there are no good threads anymore, because everyone's too scared to create what the mods might consider to be an "inappropriate thread" and result in it getting closed, and what's more it's meant that people don't bother making threads that would stir up the people who view it and start anything close to objectionable. It's ridiculous, a couple of years ago you could have fun in the pit, but now it's just like a reject pile for anything that doesn't fit into the other forums. F*ck that. I want the old put back. The lol wut pear never killed anyone for Christ's sake.
It went down the drain when the pear left

I miss that pear...
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
^Thank you. (to AVA)

Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
The lol wut pear never killed anyone for Christ's sake.

Yeah but **** it got old.
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Bullshit. That's what the pit's for. The pit isn't meant to be serious and purposeful, that's what EVERY SINGLE OTHER FORUM is for. This is a music site, and it has many good, serious music forums. The pit is a forum for non-seriousness and for people to do whatever they want. If people are going to harass others or do things of that more extreme nature, then yes, they should be prevented from doing so again. But all the little things should be let go because the pit is ultimately just a kid's playground.

That's why there are no good threads anymore, because everyone's too scared to create what the mods might consider to be an "inappropriate thread" and result in it getting closed, and what's more it's meant that people don't bother making threads that would stir up the people who view it and start anything close to objectionable. It's ridiculous, a couple of years ago you could have fun in the pit, but now it's just like a reject pile for anything that doesn't fit into the other forums. F*ck that. I want the old put back. The lol wut pear never killed anyone for Christ's sake.

Like I said, if you're not happy with the way the place is run why not find somewhere else where they let you spam instead of trolling about it here?
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by blackflag49

Pretty much what he said.

Also there's a lot of unoriginal people here. The one's who STILL think Chuck Norris jokes are funny, or think they're being intelligent by posting "I cum blood" or "rape" every chance they get. The same group of people who thought "hey, that pear thing is quite cool, LET'S POST IT EVERYWHERE"
It's changed over the last several years I've been reading it - I wasn't even a member and I noticed - but bitching about it doesn't help.

There's plenty of other forums to go to. But UG, while is can be unfair and whatnot, is the best. I changed from .about for a reason.

Now, stop bitching and go hang yourself, because you're not helping anything, trollboy.
Recently, there was that epic lol wut pear variations thread that went for about 7 pages... That was incredibly amusing but heaps of people got banned including myself.

Now no one could say that thread wasn't hilarious.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by Minkaro
Pretty much what he said.

Also there's a lot of unoriginal people here. The one's who STILL think Chuck Norris jokes are funny, or think they're being intelligent by posting "I cum blood" or "rape" every chance they get. The same group of people who thought "hey, that pear thing is quite cool, LET'S POST IT EVERYWHERE"

*Sigh*

Then there's the guys who rip on you for wanting the pit to be how it used to be, and tell you to go somewhere else or stop whining about it, when all you did was state an opinion. They're just as bad. If not worse.

The pear can have its place... Just treated right!
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Like I said, if you're not happy with the way the place is run why not find somewhere else where they let you spam instead of trolling about it here?

So what you're saying is, if I'm unhappy with the way things are somewhere, I should turn my tail up and run away like a coward? Jesus, what has happened to this place? Why can't we change things? Why is it that just because we're told to obey the rules we're also forbidden to question them and ask why things can't be different? Am I the only person here that doesn't see some EVER SO SLIGHT connection between the mods' excessive fascism and the recent decline in life around this place? I WANT to respect this site because there are so many things that make it great, I don't want to just ditch it simply because it suddenly becomes something I don't like as much as I used to.

Besides, ever since the MPA wanked all over the internet and shut down every single other half decent tabbing site, where else do you suggest I go? News flash mate, I don't just come here because I enjoy being banned for free-thinking all the time, I come here because it's one of the few good music sites on the net, let alone being a good tab site as well. This site is irreplaceable to a large extent nowadays, so why not make it a better place rather than sit by and watch it turn into a goddamn penitentiary?
Quote by dethskar0
*Sigh*

Then there's the guys who rip on you for wanting the pit to be how it used to be, and tell you to go somewhere else or stop whining about it, when all you did was state an opinion. They're just as bad. If not worse.

Are we? I feel in my opinion the Pit is better these days thanks to the lack of stupid threads and copypasta from 4Chan that people feel we MUST see. The Pit is NOT 4Chan, we don't want it's stupid memes here. It's for general Discussion, and it has it's rules. By posting in here, you agree to those rules.
RULE BRITANNIA
^ There is no lack of stupid threads dude. Go look at the first page of the pit and count the stupid threads, then come back and tell me there aren't any.

There used to be at least a few interesting ones.

Now by removing a few of the pointless ones, they've removed the interesting ones as well. It's a wash. And people are still gonna post pointless threads. The mods might as well loosen up and let up on some of the rules, because while there will be more stupid threads if they do so, there will be more interesting ones as well. The pit isn't as entertaining as it used to be.

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Are we? I feel in my opinion the Pit is better these days thanks to the lack of stupid threads and copypasta from 4Chan that people feel we MUST see. The Pit is NOT 4Chan, we don't want it's stupid memes here. It's for general Discussion, and it has it's rules. By posting in here, you agree to those rules.

You seriously sound like someone that's never read the "rules of the internet".

Quote by dethskar0
^ There is no lack of stupid threads dude. Go look at the first page of the pit and count the stupid threads, then come back and tell me there aren't any.

There used to be at least a few interesting ones.

Now by removing a few of the pointless ones, they've removed the interesting ones as well. It's a wash. And people are still gonna post pointless threads. The mods might as well loosen up and let up on some of the rules, because while there will be more stupid threads if they do so, there will be more interesting ones as well. The pit isn't as entertaining as it used to be.

+100
Page 1 of 2