so i want to buy a guitar thats distortion/overdrive friendly, since my squier pisses me off with the hissing, i'm thinking of buying one of these 2 guitars:
ESP LTD M-100(or very similar to it)
Ibanez GRGxxx(im not sure which model, looks like 170dx/270b/270dx, has locking tuners, whammy bar, and the price is something like the guitar above)
i want a good guitar, with good whammy harmonics possibilities, i play everything(rhcp-rammstein)
plz say which guitar is good for what, and bad for what, or direct me to a topic with this disscusion

oh and if you want to say ibanz suxxx buy gibson or something plz dont say anything
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
Tip: If you buy ESP/LTD don't buy the series lower than 400 (ex. M-100, M-200).
Quote by Mr_Dark

They are still better than the grg series', out of them two I would say the LTD, but as he said 400 + are the decent ones, but under arent too bad for learning/practicing on.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
get the rg321. whammy bars that cheap just arent worth it. the rg321 i also just simply amazing value. i highly reccomend it.
Quote by Mr_Dark

any reason why?
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
What about jackson?

where i live(serbia) jacksons are expensive, i hardly have cash for either one of these two
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
Quote by Nesha Strah
any reason why?

Most of the guitars in them series' are made with cheaper materials and quite simply aren't as good as the higher series', but I still think they are good budget guitars.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
The Ibanez GRX170dx is a nice budget guitar. A friend of mine bought it as his first guitar, and you won't be disappointed with it. The only weak point that it has is that it's not as good on clean, but if you play Rammstein, that shouldn't be a problem for you.

I'm not an Ibanez guy, by far. I have a Jackson myself, but if you're looking for a good budget guitar, Ibanez is the way to go.
Quote by Nesha Strah
so i want to buy a guitar thats distortion/overdrive friendly, since my squier pisses me off with the hissing...
Have you ever thought of just modding the Squier? Just throwing it out there

In regards to your choices, it looks to me like you're looking for more of a beginner friendly, FR equipped guitar. I'd go with the LTD personally, but I am a bit of a fan-boy when it comes to ESP/LTD.

Still, the M100 will probably feel a bit better than the GRG model Ibanez guitars you're weighing it against.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by Mr_Dark

Normally I agree, but the F-250 is amazing. Just upgrade pups, and floyd and ignore the agathisness.
Anyway, ESP
None of these guitars are much better (if any) than your Squier. The tremolo on the GRG270 is rubbish, the one on the GRG170 is better, but far from being the real deal. And the ESPs in that price range are not good in general.
The improvement you'd get from getting one of these axes (if there is any) does not justify the expense. You'll regret it later on.

If it is a high frequency hiss that's bugging you, it is probably your amp. It is EVENTUALLY your guitar's pickups, but only eventually. I'd go into a store and try out the guitar with a better amp to see if there's the hiss as well. If not, you'll want a new amp probably.

If it is the guitar though, swapping the bridge pickup will get rid of the problem. For the music you mentioned you can get a single sized humbucker that fits into your strat. You'll get a Duncan or a Dimarzio for about 80 bucks, add another 20 for getting it installed and you're set. Cheaper than a new guitar and with better results.